Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wavetrac LSD

JeWe

The Wavetrac ATB looks great to me, the way the "wave" locks it up makes it a first choice for a road car for my own use but I have a BMW diff in my Caterham and wavetrac don't make a centre to suit, yet. I wouldn't consider the Quaife ATB though.

I also looked at the O.S. Giken diff centre and I would have gone with that had there been one available to suit the BMW, apparently they have made them but none are available now. 

My Titan diff centre has no preload  (broken Belleville springs) and the oil was black, from the carbon plates disintegrating, it is very quite gear/bearing noise wise but does clunk a bit.   

After talking to Ollie at RRT I went with the German Drexler diff mostly because it sounds like the most bullet proof of the options I have.  The Drexler had to be built for me to Ollie's spec's and i am still waiting for it to arrive out here in Australia when i get it if anyone is interested i'll post my observations/opinions.

Cheers
Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm fed up with my quaife. I'm in the same boat as you deciding between wavetrack and tracksport. I think it'll have to be tracksport as no-one seems to have an opinion of the wavetrack.

if anyone wants a great ATB that is perfect for a fast road car, my quaife is coming out and will be for sale. it's just not right on the track in low speed corners.

inside wheel is unweights and so the ATB does what ATBs do and spins up the inside wheel. I've tried softening up the rear ARB but it's not helped. the same happened (in the same corner) with my 130i with a quaife. stiffening the rear helped a little but ultimately when you're in a tight corner it just can't cope. all the medium and fast corners it's not a problem. on the road you're just not leaning on it like that (hot tyres at the edge of adhesion)