Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Loctite 243 source

Tony C

Can any kind soul tell me where I can buy a 10ml bottle of 'Loctite 243' Threadlock.

I've been driving myself nuts doing an internet search, nor can I see any of the genuine article in any stores.

Not interested in any "This stuff is just as good".

Cheers,

Tony

Gotta get my nuts locked 😬

Wait nearly over for my BRG SV kit. 😬 DELIVERY BROUGHT FORWARD, less than two weeks to go now - WHOOPEE *thumbup*

That's the blue goop isn't it? Three options immediately spring to mind:

1) Yellow pages for fixings & fasteners suppliers, they're another good place to try.

2) J&L

3) I'm pretty sure I've got an unopened, bought this year, pot of it - a result of overzealous stocking up for my winter rebuild. I'd be able to tell you after the weekend. Would do it at the J&L price which is where I got it.

Loctite will give you details on local suppliers, unfortunately their web site doesn't list them but see below:

If you have a question about Loctite, its business or products, or technical advice, please e-mail us at customer.enquiry@henkel.co.uk or telephone 01707 358800

RS do it, their webpage is rswww.com and the part number for the small 10ml bottles of 243 is 693-848.

If I recall correctly 243 is the oil resistant version of the much more common 242 which is normally known as nutlock, both 242 and 243 are blue and goopy.

• 15 years later...

It will be interesting to do a comparison when both products received. Torque an untreated nut and bolt onto a bit of metal to a set value.

Test torque value to undo it. Start below the value you tightened it to and build up 1 at a time.

Then repeat for one brand of loctite.

Then for the other.

Either new bolt and nut for 3rd test ... or clean off 2nd fully. Look forward to results.

If you buy Loctite 243, or any other Loctite product... always look at the expire date! Some stores sell their expired products at lower prices...

This date is always printed on the bottle, in most cases at the bottom.

The expected result / strength is guaranteed until that date... afterwards the product will be unreliable for critical applications.

Also, select the correct Loctite nr, becasue this is related to the strength!

Loctite 222 = low strength (but vibration resistant!)

Loctite 243 = medium strenth, still removable with normal tools.

Loctite 270 (or 2701) = high strenth, only removable after heating up! Ideal for studs.

Good luck!

Wim, Loctite Automotive Engineer :)