Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New rear light design?

CtrMint

Evening,

I was told the other day CC have revised the lights on new car orders, they now include LED as standard.  Plus the rear lights have a moving indicator pattern such as those on Audi.  Has anyone seen these?  The wife is planning on getting me a set of JAL rear LED lights for Xmas, but I was wondering whether to hang fire.

Cheers.

Nothing on the parts store yet. Depends how desperate you are - you could buy the JAL ones tonight online, it could be months before CC over them on the parts store. Or if your wife is skint, you can just buy an LED rear light panel from Spiyda. 

I have made this exact point for years on here and non of the suppliers have been able to confirm or deny this.

I know of someone who fell foul of this problem when he was @rsed ended with lights that were not fully compliant with the regs...

I would have thought if these lights are not fully 'E; marked there would be a disclaimer on the website along the lines of high power bulbs ie 'Not for highway use' or ' Show use only'

Remember using an E marked bulb in an E marked lens does not mean the complete unit is E marked unless is was tested an approved as a complete unit.

My recently purchased new 620R was supplied with a clear lens pack, however the car was also supplied with coloured lens as the clears don't pass IVA.  So not sure what to make of it.  

Given 90% of my driving is going to be on Manx roads, where street lighting and cats eyes are things from the future, I'd rather be fully seen.

I’m on the fence at the moment regarding bulbs and my recently purchased T6 VW transporter. The H4 powered headlights are absolutely dire and borderline dangerous. Uprated bulbs give a mediocre improvement. The best upgrade (apart from a VW LED conversion at around £2k) is H4 LED equivalents which, without auto leveling and washers, are illegal.