Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Preparation for this season

magister

Engine now repaired, having finished last season with a very metallic clatter when cold. As Dan M suggested, it was a couple of the hydraulic tappets which had failed. Very efficient repair carried out by Nick Potter who advertises in Low Flying. 

Next job is do with a suspension set-up /flat floor check. 

Any recommendations?

Paul

oh dear,

Not sure I should admit this but, mine has been thoroughly cleaned, polished, serviced and is currently at PGM for some very small tweeks (no not more power!!!!) and its MOT.

Seemed like a good idea while the garage is empty to get on with painting the floor *smile* 

Anyone know a good floor polish or can I use Autoglim,  *rotate*  

Talking of driver aids.....

I currently have more available 'down force' courtesy of the Christmas diet *eek*

Best upgrade has been removal of cataract and a new replacement lens, so the addition of another useful eye might actually help navigate the circuits *yes*

So......  what about the fire extinguisher regs - mine looks like it it the original Caterham Academy one with a service due date of June 2005 !!. Any Ideas where I might get it serviced in the Midlands.

The alternative is a new one - best one I have found is from JJC Race and Rally at £120, but would rather not spend this if I can get the current one serviced instead. 

A search round a few forums also suggest it is worth blowing out the plumbed in extinguisher pipework with an airline, as it can become blocked with dust, making the extinguisher ineffective.

Paul

I have used Lanan Racing, a Lifeline extinguisher dealer in Cranfield, Bedfordshire in previous years.

In 2015 they serviced my 2.25l and 1.75l FEs (both AFFF) for £84 including VAT and P&P. Last year it was £110 for both but they did replace the bottle on the 2.25l as the schraeder valve inside had failed. New bottle was discounted by £30.

Always had good service.