Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Whats the best battery these days

DRH

9 minutes ago, MBB said:

MY Powervamp Clubsport 22 has died, whats the best modern alternative that fits the Powervamp cage?

I've had a quick look but can't find the dimensions of the Clubsport 22. How about measuring the cage?

Jonathan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/05/2024 at 16:08, Jonathan Kay said:

I've had a quick look but can't find the dimensions of the Clubsport 22. How about measuring the cage?

Jonathan

Battery

L 166mm

W 179mm

H 74mm

The cage is just slightly larger.

Reports of unsealed batteries arriving with leakage: minor from an unspecified supplier and major from Tayna.

That's the first time that I can remember that from Tayna.

Jonathan

PS: Does anyone know a source of battery acid in the UK without EPP documentation?

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve just fitted a JWM PS20. I see a note on the charger saying don’t charge for more than 4 hours, don’t leave on a conditioner. 

Presumably charging on the car by the alternator is self regulating? 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, ScottR400D said:

I’ve just fitted a JWM PS20. I see a note on the charger saying don’t charge for more than 4 hours, don’t leave on a conditioner.

I’m embarrassed to say I have one too.  I have the supplied charger on a time switch - so when connected, the battery just gets an hour’s charge a day.  That, with an isolator (to disconnect the immobiliser’s parasitic drain), has worked fine for the last year.

Edited by BigCol

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BigCol said:

I’m embarrassed to say I have one too.  I have supplied charger on a time switch - so when connected, the battery just gets an hour’s charge a day.  That, with an isolator (to disconnect the immobiliser’s parasitic drain), has worked fine for the last year.

According to JWM it shouldn’t need charging if it’s isolated when the car’s not running. 

I’ll ask them. 

After a blat, simply turn the switch off, and your battery will remain perfectly charged for your next blat – never worry about a flat battery again.”

Edited by ScottR400D

31 minutes ago, ScottR400D said:

According to JWM it shouldn’t need charging if it’s isolated when the car’s not running. 

Indeed…. I see it as “belt and braces” and doubt it does any harm.

42 minutes ago, BigCol said:

Indeed…. I see it as “belt and braces” and doubt it does any harm.

You’re probably right but I still wonder why they say don’t leave it on a conditioner or charge for more than 4 hours. 

Just trying to understand the process compared with a lead/acid.