• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The simplest (other than cable ties) might be a U bolt:

http://www.multifixsupplycompany.com/images/ww/product/merlin/pp05296-mn.jpg

but I'd like a split clamping bracket with half of the tube section recessed in each piece, and a flat face that sits against the lamp. Aluminium or 3D printed.

Jonathan

On the older single diagonal FIA bar I mounted it with two suitably sized rubber lined stainless P-clips.

If you are careful with the orientation of the clips and light base, you can effectively cancel out the angled mounting base on the light and ensure that the light is pointing straight backwards.

Obviously this won’t work in the same way on the newer FIA bar with crossed diagonals, but may give you some ideas.

photo%25201.JPG

photo%25202.JPG

photo%25203.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I've bought a high mounted stop light from S-V-C to fit to my FIA roll bar and the CC harness to go with it.  Could somebody give me a heads up on the route for the wire from the stop light down to the LHS rear lamp cluster.  It may well be obvious but I would appreciate a pointer or two to save me time.

Cheers

Ezzer

SM25T - just caught back up on this thread. I don't own/fit a full hood, just a half hood.

Wife currently trying to persuade me not to put poppers in the rE-Bag as I only use it once in a blue moon (and normally on another car) - so might not be able to get any pictures of that, or even see how worthwhile/practical it might have been.

Some good ideas and options shown above,

Dave