Daniel French

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

C 7 HJE,

Is there any chance you could share the link to your blog? I am considering mounting a rainlight as a brake light rather than the normal option and am planning to mount it to the cross bars of my track roll bar.

P.S. I notice you are also a local owner. :-)

Regards

Gregs

SM25T.

Why the dislike of the brake light switch? Mine only isolates the extra one in the middle, as it is totally independant to the 2 main stop lights!

Don't get me wrong, I love the Blogs/Bkatchat feedback. Just interested in your comment!

C7HJE

The standard lights are so poor, the bright high one is vital. What if you turned it off and forgot to turn it back on. Rear end accident and it turns out a brake light was turned off. Also ... why turn it off because hood fitted. Light up the world .... you want people behind to see lots of red lights ! Just my preference.

Agreed SM25, why would you want to switch off a high level brake light, bonkers.

When all you have behind you is very little car & a fuel tank, you want all the extra safety you can. I have the 48 led one fitted to the roll bar & it works with the half hood on.

How many people above have questioned why C7HJE has ability to isolate his middle break light.

I may be dreaming but I am sure I read his (her ?) blog all the way to where it mentioned the light was not "E" marked and so being able to turn it off for MOT was a practical solution. I didn't get the impression that it was only turned on for special occasions or when driving in town, but was left on all year.

I may be wrong *scratchchin*

Edited to add - I may be a little biased as I have bracketed for one in same position that fixes onto the two middle poppers on the rear bulkhead (though I'm gonna have to attach some velcro to the bottom of it  so that it can stick onto top of my rE-bag if I go touring).

Enjoying the discussion!

When I tested it in the garage with the roof on. The reflection from the Middle light, off the inside of the rear window were really distracting.

So.......isolation switch to be able to turn it off at night with the hood up - the standard lights are OK at night - Or for the MOT if the tester is not happy with the absences of an 'E' marking.

Regards

C7HJE

I think I need to improve my rear lights as even with mirrors behind the bulbs they are not very bright, especially the brake light at night. 

Can I use a CBS 48 led light on my positive earth car just by "swapping the wiring" or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks, Steve