Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Premier Power Lotus 7 Club Speed Championship 2014 - Round 05 - Aintree

My two penith regarding the extra runs, personnally I do find benefit out of having additional runs , whether is due to lack of experieince or taking time for the brave pills to kick in.

If were not careful with what's being proposed, we will only ever have two practice and two timed, as that's what the majority of venues count in the results on the day.

the current regulations refer to all class runs offered at a round count for championship scoring, my two penith is we stick with what's in the championship regulations.

Just like at curborough the number of runs is really determined by a finish time so is not just open ended.

With 135 entries I can't see the number of runs being a problem but we will have to see on Saturday.

Anyway, moving on, Liverpool Motor Club have asked me to pass the following on to you all:

"Following an enquiry regarding paddock parking from one of the L7C competitors, who is new to Aintree, we have decided to have a dedicated area for the L7C so that you can all park up together. This will be the large grass field at the top of the paddock road on the right hand side just past the event office. Access is through a double gate. We will sign with some arrows."

• Area Representative

Cookie,

See here close to the bottom of the page.

The charge for admission is: Adults £5.00, accompanied children under 16 free, free programme (Sprints only) & free car parking. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.

After a wet start to the day, the gradually cleared off to give a reasonable 4 timed runs.

Class 1 - Steffan Eldred - 54.17s

Class 2 - Paul Collins - 52.45s

Class 3 - Richard Price - 50.41s

Class 4 - Nigel Fox - 48.77s

Class 5 - Shaun Elwell - 46.14s

Edward Lewis

Class 1 -Steve Causey - 0.81

Class 2 - Chris Bramall - 0.27

Class 4 - Lynn Gilbert - 0.75

Class 5 - Shaun Elwell - 1.98

Fastest Novice - Clive Marsden - 97.75.

Full Results are here

As normal if you notice any mistakes please free to contact me.

It was a good day Ray, despite the changeable weather, which very excitingly made each run a whole new experience from the last one.

Lots of good runs notably from Paul, Steff, Richard, Nigel and Shaun. It was fab to have Martin S back in Class 4 - his was a great drive, having missed practise, and Nigel and I did have to try quite hard to keep the 'newbie' off the front row of the grid.

Also congratulations to Mrs. E for picking up her first Class trophy.

Lastly hope Robert and Sally got home eventually and Rob is not nursing too many bruises - at least you didn't collect as much straw as Chris Hoy.

Lynn

• Support Team

It was a great day despite starting out wet and drizzly. The final runs were on a virtually dry surface but it wasn't going to be a record beating day.

my 46.14s T4.

Gill had a grin from ear to ear when she collected her trophy for 2nd in class 😬.

Many thanks for all the kind words - competition had been incredibly close all day, so to say that I was thrilled to win would be a gross understatement! A memorable day's motorsport - thanks to those who made it so special.

Paul

Quoting Shaun_E: 
It was a great day despite starting out wet and drizzly. The final runs were on a virtually dry surface but it wasn't going to be a record beating day.
my 46.14s T4.

Gill had a grin from ear to ear when she collected her trophy for 2nd in class 😬.

I have some footage of Gill's tyre warming before her trophy run if you want it to add to a video of the run.

Andy

• Support Team

Yes please Andy - I shall use it as evidence next time we have to buy tyres 😬

Actually to be fair, Gill does pay half our tyre bill *thumbup*

Edited by - Shaun_E on 1 Jul 2014 12:27:01