Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brands Hatch GP Circuit 2/9/14

Merrick Linnett

No problem, we intend to pitch up with Merrick in garage 1 or 2, I will leave a book with Merrick in his garage, if you could register your interest I could then assess time scales. I shall be on track most of the morning so maybe could start in the lunch period.

Cheers

Ian

I intend to bring along some clothing for sale, maybe of interest to track dayers.

All in immaculate condition.

1 no. Alpine Stars karting suit, size 52 euro, black, with bag, worn once so as new.

1 no. Alpine Stars karting suit, size 56 euro, black. with bag, worn a few times but as new.

1 Sparco ES helmet in white, size 60, BS6658-85 type A/FR (red) with bag, worn once as new.

1 Baraclava black medium to large.

1 pair of Sparco black karting gloves, not fireproof large.

Edited by - Pendennis on 1 Sep 2014 10:04:39

Looking forward to tomorrow, although hoping the weather is better than today!! Will be my first time on the GP circuit so will have the novice sticker on the back 😳

Suspect I'll take the prize for being the heaviest on the weigh scales - fat bloke in a Roadsport SV 😬 ... still good 'drivers excuse' for being overtaken.

Anyone know what the cooked breakfasts are like at the circuit? Need something to set me up for the day.

Bob

Quoting MadCat52: 

Anyone know what the cooked breakfasts are like at the circuit? Need something to set me up for the day.

Bob

There is a small "burger bar" type thing within the paddock for teas and coffees and bacon rolls etc and it is really bad and really expensive. OK if you are desperate I suppose. The Kentagon is a proper restaurant on the outside of the circuit with a bar area , so you get the picture. I have never seen it open in the morning though as you go straight through to sign on in the paddock. Its perfectly fine for lunch though doing the usual Chilli , chips , salad , cottage pie & lasagne type stuff. Come to think about it and maybe because I live 10 mins from the circuit but I have never had a cooked brekkie from Brands, only a crappy supposed "brekkie in a bun" which I have then regretted.

moral of the story and slightly long winded post is ---- get it elsewhere at a proper place. Quick google search brings a few up

Was set to be a great day until I started ejecting oil into the engine bay, fortunately not onto the track. Had two great sessions but then decided to head home for the sake of my engine and fear of spoiling it for the rest of you. Dropped into Redline en route and looks like problem was a failed-bodged catch tank. Lesson to be learned but fortunately simple to fix.

Bummer as the weather seemed great in the afternoon, should have come back!

See you next year.

Merrick

Many thanks for organising a really great day yesterday. And the ordering of the weather was spot on 😬

Apart from me being the cause of the red flag in the first full session (car just switched itself off, no idea why - sorry), I had a fantastic series of sessions and was gaining confidence with every lap.

It was great to catch up with other club members, put faces to names and wander round looking at the cars (although I'm still not sure about pink on a 620R but had a lovely chat with the owner).

I have £10 to send to NtL which was a donation from Danny who was working at Brands and asked for a passenger lap. He seemed to enjoy it!

Can't wait for next year!

Big thanks to Merrick and Ian for a great day, even though my gearbox building skills weren't so great. ☹️

Really friendly club atmosphere in the garages and everyone (bar a few unfortunate souls) seemed to be having a good blast out there. Nice to put some faces to forum names too. The friendliness and generosity of the club still amazes me. *thumbup*

Glad you all enjoyed the day

It was nice to have time, to be incar instructing again *smile*

Some very nice sevens to look at, 🥰 great to see so many friend in and out of car as well.

So from the weigh in:- Who has the Heaviest car *smokin*

Who Has the lightest car *smokin*

Purely for L7Club Tackday Bragging rights 😶‍🌫️ 😶‍🌫️

Merrick

My thanks also to Merrick for organising a great day at Brands, although getting

wasn't originally on my agenda 😳. Anyway some footage of more appropriate laps
and yes Tony that is you taking a slight 'different' line at Druids on the second lap. Great to meet some new faces - Mankee hope the gear box woes get sorted for Hethal.

Bob

Edited by - MadCat52 on 5 Sep 2014 06:04:25

Edited by - MadCat52 on 5 Sep 2014 07:42:38

oops, sorry MadCat52, time to fess up! It was me that was black flagged: first track day ever and first time at Brands Hatch. Managed to turn right after Surtees onto Maclaren rather than going on to Pilgrims drop! Then had to re-join on Clearways after my sneaky short cut. I think I am the green car in your second video with the caption "What is he doing there?". The really embarrassing thing is that I did it TWICE! *confused* I was black flagged (quite right) but the guys were fairly understanding and a bit amused about it. Maybe should install satnav for the next day out.

Anyway, got the hang of it in the end and had a great day. Sorry you got the blame first.

*rolleyes*