Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lotus 7 For Sale

Englishmaninwales

Looks like a Hornet to me. They used the cortina running gear and suspension which is what appears to be on the front. Worth more like £1400

From his last comment it looks like few people have pointed that out to him! 😬

Giles

• Area Representative

Quoting Klunk: 
Looks like a Hornet to me. They used the cortina running gear and suspension which is what appears to be on the front. Worth more like £1400

From his last comment it looks like few people have pointed that out to him! 😬

Giles

That's a Locust, the Hornet was bigger and had a Pinto.

But it's still made of plywood!

All the best

Richard

That line made me smile too, and what a shame if you're name happens to be Sherlock and you are in the market for a chopped-Elan chassis Robin Hood :(

Seriously though - best thing you can do with that is take the body off and sell it as an Elan rolling chassis with V5 if it is what he says it is.

In fact DVLA do have it as a 1969 1558cc Lotus registered to that plate on their database - so that's definately the best way forward! and of course the plate is worth a few grand. - he needs to re-market it, and it definitely needs breaking an rebuilding by someone. Classic Car Rescue - where are you?

Quoting SUPERLIGHT91: 

Seriously though - best thing you can do with that is take the body off and sell it as an Elan rolling chassis with V5 if it is what he says it is.

Lotus Elan (and I'm referring to the original S1-4 Elan) body unit numbers and associated V5 relate to the bodyshell and not the chassis, which is regarded as a subframe by DVLA. So much lower value,if any.

• Area Representative

Quoting SUPERLIGHT91: 
what a shame if you're name happens to be Sherlock and you are in the market for a chopped-Elan chassis Robin Hood :(

😬

That did make me chuckle!

Quoting SUPERLIGHT91: 

It isn't what he say's it is.... 😔

TBH it's pretty scandalous as he appears to be a car trader.

It's massively overpriced for what it is, and would be the bargain of the century if it really was a Lotus 7....

All the best

Richard

That's just the type of thing the dvla will bite you for. Although the description on the logbook might be vague, they will spot it should be an élan or similar and you'll get a lot of grief. It also annoys me that he knows it's not a lotus seven, but still advertises it as such.

*arrowup* *thumbup*

It's a shame because if it had been advertised honestly from the start, at a price that represents the Locust/Locost marque, it would be a great car for someone starting out in Sevening at around £6k.

But who knows....summer is here and someone may be a bit mad and flash with cash *rolleyes*

Linky to New Ad Here....

Edited by - Wile7 on 6 May 2014 13:19:08

I've reported it to ebay. Its false advertising as that title still tries to lead you to it being a lotus seven. Buying that will lead to disapointment at best and grief off the dvla at worst. I bet he's got too much in it to knock it out at the level it should be at.

Quoting Ed White: 
I've reported it to ebay. Its false advertising as that title still tries to lead you to it being a lotus seven.
Good move. I asked the seller a question the last time round and was about to do the same, but that's probably more likely to be effective.

Jonathan