Click here if you are having website access problems ×

High Level Brake Light

callumskeat

I have the 48 LED one. *thumbup*

I have had three didn't types over the years each brighter than the one before.

I first saw the 48 one on Mike Clarks car & thought blimey that is bright, even in sunlight so that's why I changed to it.

It has to be a no brainer fitting one to a caterham.

• Leadership Team

I have this slimline version from Car Builder Solutions, very easy to fit to the rear edge of the rollbar and VERY BRIGHT even in strong sunlight! Easiest way to wire it is to buy the Caterham high level brake light loom.

Stu.

Edited by - sforshaw on 18 Apr 2014 20:35:56

Quoting RedCat7: 
Newer cars don't even need a sub-loom. Spade connectors can be found at the back right bottom corner if the chassis. At least that was the case on my 2011 SV.
Good point.

Callum: If you can find any wires in or near the boot that look as if they might be suitable please post the wire colours and we can tell you what they are. (Someone found some recently that were for power and instrument lighting rather than brake lights.)

Jonathan

First upgrade on my 7 was the CBS 48-LED light. Very easy to do and you need the light from CBS and the brake light jumper from Caterham.

Connect the jumper in place, crimp wires to the brake light and attach light to the roll bar via tie straps or black silicone.

I have notes on it when I did it if you want them.

Edited to add mine is a 2003 SV.

Stu

Edited by - Stu_I on 19 Apr 2014 05:50:37

Quoting RedCat7: 
Newer cars don't even need a sub-loom. Spade connectors can be found at the back right bottom corner if the chassis. At least that was the case on my 2011 SV.
If that's the case, stand-by for a sub-loom-based For Sale posting from me after an hour in the garage...! *eek*

Quoting Jonathan Kay: 
Callum: If you can find any wires in or near the boot that look as if they might be suitable please post the wire colours and we can tell you what they are. (Someone found some recently that were for power and instrument lighting rather than brake lights.)

Jonathan

That was me. Link here

Quoting RedCat7: 

Look for a black wire and a green wire with purple stripe on a sigma. Photo here