Brands Hatch Track Evening

Merrick Linnett

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm confused! I went to book this but the event on the 3rd June is a bike track day. WhT is the correct date of this event as I quite fancy going.

Cheers

Anyone care to offer an opinion on whether an evening track day gives enough time to share the driving?

How much track time can I expect? All 40 cars won't all be on at the same time will they? Thx.

Adc, yes you'll have loads of time. 10 to 15 min stints are more than enough at a time so there will be people on and off the track throughout the evening.

On another note, I am unable to attend this now due to having to travel for business, does anyone want to buy my spot? BM if you are interested.

Just found

on YouTube for those interested in 'hands on' instructor laps around the Indy circuit.

Hope its not as crowded as this *confused*w

Bob

Edited by - MadCat52 on 30 May 2014 19:12:17

A tad harsh - it was his first trackday experience. I'd rather he drove like this than be a lunatic with more ambition than talent!

Actually Merrick, the flags are with Adil, and if someone could collect tomorrow or Tuesday morning from Beckenham BR4 or Euston /Charing Cross, and take to Brands for the start of the trackday that would be great *thumbup*

Hi All, as this is my first track day in a Caterham, wondered if I should be taking the doors off for the evening or is it weather dependent ?

Also not had chance to get noise check done so do I need to get there earlier ?

Any other tips to prepare car apart from obvious fluid checks, tyre pressures and check wheel tightness ?

Regards Chris

I found that track speeds, doors off with a windscreen causes far too much buffeting as the air comes round the side of the screen and smacks you in the face, which is unpleasant even with a helmet on. I always run doors on for that reason. Give it a go though!

The guys with aeroscreens tend to run no doors or half doors as far as I can tell.

Looking forward to this *cool* I hope it dries up a bit though or I'll be the newbie getting in everyones way driving like a Vicar 😳