Click here if you are having website access problems ×

DRL for 7's?

the.vet

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoting diggerman: 
Am just in the process of fitting DRL's to my Roadsport SV. Am using conventional strips with built in, off with headlights, facility. Am mounting them under the front lips of the cycle wings. Will post pics when complete - if anyone is interested?

Peter

The problem with mounting to the cycle wings is that they are unsprung, so the lights will vibrate with the road surface and may be rather disconcerting to oncoming drivers. It might be OK though - keep us posted!

Mike

They look like nice little spots Nick - how does their brightness compare to dips/main, in terms of actually lighting up the road as seen from the cockpit?

Just pondering something similar to provide more light - especially when running on mains, which throw further (of course) but as a result leave a huge dark patch near the car!

Quoting Richard K: 
*arrowup*

Nothing arrived as yet 🤔

I'll post here when they do *wavey*

Quoting the.vet: 
Mine are due Tuesday 19 Nov 2013 - Thursday 21 Nov 2013 so overdue!!

Hmmm, now the 22nd (so 2 days late here) and not in today's post either.

Seller said via Amazon messages:

Quoting seller: 
Sorry for the delay. We sent your item on the 15/11/13 so you should have received it by now, if you could please confirm your address and i will be able to get back to you asap thanks.

Seems that if multiple purchases of around the same time haven't arrived, it's an issue at or near the seller's end, either in despatch or his nearest sorting office. Anyway, still waiting!

Edited by - AntonyH on 22 Nov 2013 12:07:48

Interesting, I've been looking at something like this inside the front grill for use on wet track days as I've got no front lights on the car. Have had at least one occasion where the marshals wouldn't let me out with no front lights.

Had been thinking of LED pushbike front lights.

Will look with interest at any feedback.

Matt