Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Press Studs

pfreeman

I ordered 12 various through Caterham parts a few weeks ago .... they arrived in 2 days and were only a couple of pence each . NOTE the ones for side screens etc have longer centers, due to the thicknessof material they pass through ,than any I could find in craft shops etc

dave

• 16 years later...

Just had the footwell carpets out for cleaning, and it had been some time since I last did that. On the L they all unpopped nicely. On the R I had to lever each one apart and they all had some white crud inside.

Now I can't get any of them to click down. 

Any tricks or advice before I replace them? I have a multimeter and wiring diagram but they don't seem to help.

Thanks

Jonathan

FWIW, I've found that in certain places, e.g. the boot cover, those neodymium magnets are an excellent alternative.  I bought a size that fits inside the female half of the popper, i.e. the half that fixes to the boot cover material itself, secured it in there with a dab of Araldite and then fixed some inside the boot, again with Araldite (you need to make sure the polarities are right, obviously ...!).  It works a treat ...

Anyway, FWIW ...

Adam

FWIW, I've found that in certain places, e.g. the boot cover, those neodymium magnets are an excellent alternative.  I bought a size that fits inside the female half of the popper, i.e. the half that fixes to the boot cover material itself, secured it in there with a dab of Araldite and then fixed some inside the boot, again with Araldite (you need to make sure the polarities are right, obviously ...!).  It works a treat ..

This sounds like the heavy solution. Only with attention to the detail you get the ultimate...