Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Armour fend

stagemaker

Yep I'd agree with Paul - had mine done by PPG and top job. You can't see it unless you really look and it saves all those annoying nicks on the wheel arches and nose cone.

I hade the sides, nose, arches and the area where the front bonnet catch rubs on the paint. From memory it was about £190 and that included the travel to my house.

Pat,

I am in discussions about getting my new Pipe'n'Slippers tin top Venture Shielded.

Give Tony James Designs a call for a quote. You would need to get the car to him in Solihull as he won't fit it anywhere other than his own premises.

He doesn't do email, so he doesn't list an email address - very refreshing. His contact details can be found on the "approved Installers" page on the website above.

Covertech have a Redditch 'phone number, but their workshop is on the A38 heading into Brum.

Ok I had my rear arches done before I collected my new car and thought that would the worse place for stone chips !

But have only done 300 miles and have a couple of little chips down the one side (have I been going too fast on these first few miles :D )

Anyway thinking of getting the sides done and uper and lower nose now ,spoke to Dave at PPG and he said people have 200mm high sides done and nose just past the badge ,

Could I get some feed back from you guys on what you have had done and on what's best to get done ? Has anyone here had the full sides done so you don't see a line half way up the sides ,is there any where else you would get done that marks over time ?

Thanks David

I had a professional fit the armoufend to the rear arches. It then pealed off. I think this is because he used a weak Johnsons baby bath solution to put them on and when it's stretched around the tight curves I think the film needs all the sticky it can get. I then bought some and put it on myself with waterand it's a much more professional job and stayed in place.

Jason

Ok I've booked Dave at PPG to come out to do the nose upper and lower ,L/R sides 200mm and the area where the bonnet looks like it well rub on nose.

But Dave wants me to remove the front badge ,what is the best and safest way with out damaging the paint please ?? Any warnings to be aware of ?

Thanks David

Hi All, Where is Dave at PPG? any contact details please. I had Armour fend fitted by CC to the rear wings and nearside, great job and definitely protects very well. As a thought, with the spair bits I made two rounds to go on the bonnett where the door opens onto and a neat rectangle under the fuel filler where the cap hangs on its cable. I attempted to do the upper and lower nose cone myself. Armour fend, incidentally, do a fitted piece for the upper & lower nose cone with the badge cut out which actually helps line things up. It was relatively easy with the flatter panels and slight curves but getting it under the nose cone and around the corners was a nightmare, 😳 I gave up after trying everything I could think of and will now leave the awkward bits to the experts! Mark H.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add to the thread . Had Dave out today to do my 7's nose, front rear arches and the 20mm down the side strips. As the others say great job, no messing about just arrived got on with it and on his way few hours later. Fantastic finish, dont envy his friday evening return down the M6 though....

Just need it to dry out a bit outside now then I can go out and give the armour fend a test....