Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear Light Mirror Reflectors

Titanium7

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just fitted the first one to a rear indicator. Wow - what an amazing difference !!

Had to notch the mirror to clear the fixing screw for the lens cover, and to clear the bulb holder. If you get the middle of the mirror to line up with the filament itself - fantastic focus and brightness *idea* *thumbup*

I drilled out the rivet and removed the dull metal 'reflector' and simply stuck the mirror to the backplate.

I tried an offcut from the edge of the mirror to test the heat resistance. First laid a bit on a 40W bulb indoors - soon softened and took the shape of the bulb.

Our tail lights are only 5W - I turned the lights on and laid another bit on top of a bulb for 10 minutes - no effect. Given that the bulb doesn't touch the mirror when fitted, I don't think there is an issue here.

• 2 weeks later...

Im confused - the picture of the product linked by Martyn on the first post is square with a round, concave centre.

Is the idea that you cut this concave bit out to the size and shape required and then fit over or replace the concave reflectors behind the bulbs in the indictors, stop, fog and reverse lights? I think its the indicators/ stop reflectors that would be most critial, and these are quite small from memory.

Im just curious as to what this BB is for - I may yet be interested in participating but at the moment am a bit *confused*

*arrowup*I have these fitted to my rear brake & indicator lights.

Hope this might help –

Remove “crap reflectors”... hold them with pliers, drill out rivets, smooth off residue of rivet.

🙅🏻‍♂️ IMPORTANT - Position new reflector with the bulb filiment central to the new reflector (the bulb will now be off centre) . If you don’t do this they are no better than the “crap reflectors”.

When you have done this mark it up and trim new reflector with scissors to fit within the lens covers (do them individually) allowing for the central divider and screws.

Replace the bulb and test fit.

Stick the new reflector to rear of the unit with sealant or in my case thin double sided tape.

Check new reflector is not distorted, allow sealant to go off.

Check there is no contact between bulb and reflector or lens or one of them will melt / distort. Equidistant seems best.

*idea* *idea*

Simples (even for me). 😬

Edited by - oldbuffer on 19 Jul 2012 12:52:57

Edited by - oldbuffer on 19 Jul 2012 12:54:26

Edited by - oldbuffer on 19 Jul 2012 13:05:06