Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Coolant hoses from SFS Performance

gundersen

I have sought to follow this thread and will confess to be confused as to what is included in the heater kit and what's not.

If a combination of both the wet sump kit and heater kit doesn't cover all the required hoses then I will pass. If they do cover all the required hoses then I am in for both, with clips.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've finally had a chance to look under my bonnet, and there are in fact 9 hoses for a K series with heater. I'd forgotten there were 2 hoses to the expansion bottle, and they are different sizes.

So, as per Jingars. If they can supply the whole set of nine as a straight replacement, I may be in. If not, then it's a non starter for me I'm afraid, as I can't see the point of having different types/colours.

Gunderson, just for info, there is also a company called Classic Silicon Hoses, who seem able to supply the whole set. Have you thought of talking to them?

Quoting ozzy: 
Gunderson, just for info, there is also a company called Classic Silicon Hoses, who seem able to supply the whole set. Have you thought of talking to them?
Bit late for that now *smile* Anthony at SFS have been nothing but helpful in this, and as far as I can read the SFS products are as good as it gets. So I see very little reason for changing supplier at this point.

I have had a chat with Anthony about the "missing" hose from the expansion tank to the head. It will be added to our order, so that the kits we will get (both wet sump and dry sump) WILL CONTAIN THE FULL 6 HOSES (or 9 if you also order a heater kit).

This has added £8 to the kit prices, so anyone who have made an order are of cause free to bail out now. I will update the description and price on the front page to reflect this.

Edited by - gundersen on 30 Mar 2012 14:03:20

I when I order mine, Ill list the hoses I need, not just specifiy a kit, and hopefully this way will ensure I can order a full set for the car. Just need to get in garage and make a list *thumbup*

Ill probably pass on the clips for now to spread costs as I dont anticipate fitting them immediately.

Quoting TomB: 
I when I order mine, Ill list the hoses I need, not just specifiy a kit, and hopefully this way will ensure I can order a full set for the car. Just need to get in garage and make a list *thumbup*
Just be aware that if you do it this way, you will be buying a different product that the kits and therefor you will probably need to pay a different price. I will of cause forward your order along with the rest of the orders to SFS, but I have no idea what the price will be.

That said, if your car doesn't contain anything wildly fancy, the kits should match your needs *smile*

I promise Ill order this weekend - Im just waiting to decide on colour. I have a red cam cover, so dont know whether to go blue in contrast, red to all match (might be too red), or boring black. Im hoping to get a photo of a red cover with blue hoses to see what its like *thumbup*

Quoting Andy Watson: 
When would you need to know this by?
No firm deadline as of yet *smile* We are 5 (4 counting yours) orders away from making the discount, no orders will be sent before reaching that.

But the sooner the better...as always 😬

Quoting Stoff: 
I'd be interested.

K Series, wet sump with heater.

Hi Stoff *smile*

We are a bit beyond the "interested" part by now and on to the actual orders part. So if you want to join in just blatmain me the information mentioned in the first post of the thread.

And if you have any questions, feel free to ask...I think we have been around a subject or two in this thread, so I can see it looking a bit confusing *biggrin*

Yeah hurray! We have reached the bulk limit of 20 orders, so the buy will go through 😬

I will forward the first batch of orders to SFS tomorrow for payment and processing, so if you want to be included in the first batch blatmail me before 10 tomorrow. I will have a chat with them about how long we can let the bulk buy stay open, so if the SWMBO can decide on the colours there is still time 😬

I am also sorry for being slack in getting in on the group buy! Couple of questions. Does the £128.12 price on the first page include delivery? And how much is a set of clamps? I'll be sending you an email before 10am tomorrow in any case. *smile*

Quoting Mankee: 
I am also sorry for being slack in getting in on the group buy!
No need to apologize, things take time *smile*

Quoting Mankee: 
Couple of questions. Does the £128.12 price on the first page include delivery?
No, it is only the price of the kit. As far as I can see from the SFS website, they provide a flat £6 shipping fee for UK mainland, so I suspect that shipping will be in that area.

Quoting Mankee: 
And how much is a set of clamps?
I have not been able to get that information from Anthony. You can see the list prices here, and I will squeeze for a discount on those also.

Quoting Mankee: 
I'll be sending you an email before 10am tomorrow in any case. *smile*
Super 😬