Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear LED lights

Roadsport06

I plan on getting my annual service done in the next couple of weeks.

On the chip shop run over recent years I have got to see at first hand how bad our lights are. I have been holding back for the last couple of years hoping that our caravan lights would have a LED upgrade. Unfortunately this hasn't happened yet so I'd like to change. SVC do these here. A few questions for those that have fitted these.

1. Does it cover the existing holes up?

2. Are any modifications needed to the wiring or is it plug and play?

3. I wouldn't be too happy with the resistors to stop the fast flashing. Has anyone here swapped the flasher unit to one that is happy with both bulbs and LEDs? If so which one and from where.

Many thanks

It was probably your post that I read on this about the polarity being the wrong way, I am hoping that someone has already gone down the LED route and brought a flasher unit that was happy with both bulbs and LED and is a straight swap.

I am not too keen on the fake carbon fibre look too so this might need to be stray painted.

I've no idea if they're any good, but I noticed these while surfing eBay! Thought they might be worth pointing out.

Personally I need to find a car before I think about alternative lights though 😬 but for future reference I'd still be really interested to see any of the options mentioned in this thread fitted to a 7.

Cheers,

Ben

There seem a few choices of lights out there, personally I'd rather stick with the caravan ones but they aren't that bright, LED bulbs are a possibility but having seen LED lamps in action, these are so much better at being seen.

I have a phone conversation with Seven Speed lined up to sort out the lighting issue now, so all should be well.

Quoting Ezzer Ezzer: 
Hi Geko, rather like the look of your lights. What is their brightness and illuminated colour performance like? How does it compare to standard tungsten lighting as some LED types are disappointing in this respect?

Hi Ezzer,

this LEDs are "e-marked" and road legal. They are brighter than the standard CC rear lights.

The colours are more intense than the tungsten one.

I've just ordered some 380 Xtreme Power Stop n Tail LED's in Red. They are a new type and supposed to be the brightest available according to the Solware web site. 2 @ £13.95 so not cheap. I'll post on here what they are like, although they won't be installed for quite a while....no engine....no battery...no wings...no gearbox...yet ☹️ I went for the silver (amber light) indicator bulbs as I don't want to mess with resistors etc to make them flash at the right speed.