Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Trying to choose a colour...

bobt

... but I just can't decide

The car is having a complete refresh this winter (Year 2000 superlight) and a respray is on the cards too. Being a superlight it has all the usual carbon body parts with the addition of a skuttle and rear bodywork back panel (from top of rear arch all the way round to the other). The carbon won't be sprayed with the exception of the nose cone leaving the nose band visible. So basically, that means only the bonnet, side panels (up to the top of the rear arches) and a portion of the nose cone will be sprayed.

Currently the car is Azure blue which is fine but being metalic and dark coloured its a pain to look after and shows up chips all over it very easily.

I've decided I want a much lighter colour and thought maybe white, then thought about kawasaki green, then thought of other very bright colours. Just can't decide.

Anybody got any links to brightly coloured caterhams *smile*

Cheers

Rob

No, only of my old company car.

I remember seeing a photo of a 1400 Supersport limited edition in white in one of the Caterham books and thinking it looked good.

Here is a Seven in white - EVO and Here

David Smitheram, Wiltshire (South) Joint AR, 07718 368173.

1600 supersport race car www.racelife.co.uk

As this all about personal prefences....

I would paint the rear cf panel body coloured.

A really bright colour between black carbon rear arches sets of the shape and proportion of the rear view.

All black - as yours will look from the back - loses the interesting shapes.

All body coloured especially with a leery colour - too much bulk of bright colour.

Bright colour black arches - perfik ! :-)

Peter

BRAWNGP green SUPERLIGHT *smokin*

FCITW 2009 😬

I have just had my 7 totally restored. Colour is Lamborghini green and is 🥰 🥰 🥰

Kawasaki green is a flat colour, whereas mine has a pearlescent finish and changes colour in the light. The camera doesn't do it justice, but piccies are here

But of course, you're not allowed to go for the same colour 😬

Rik Robarts - C7 DNF the future's bright, the future's no longer orange though.here

My 7 is micatallic Krypton green. Much lighter than Kwakka green and explodes dazzlingly when the sun shines on it. On dull days it looks almost like a solid lime green.

Just go ahead and paint yours orange or yellow! Very popular. We don't want everyone suddenly choosing green when it has been kept secret so long that it is the best colour! *tongue*

Peter

BRAWNGP green SUPERLIGHT *smokin*

FCITW 2009 😬

Lots of good suggestions here *smile*

I was initially looking to avoid a metallic paint as the current colour Azure blue shows up every darn mark so easily.

However, maybe a much brighter colour will mean they are much less noticeable. I do intend to get both side panels covered in the 3M stuff tho.

The White R500, is that a pearl or metallic paint does anybody know?

Rob

3 Stage Pearl White with Viper Blue tri-stripe *arrowleft* UNDER THE LACQUER 🥰 *thumbup*

Don't get these poxy stick on stripes *thumbdown* *eek* *wink* 😬 *tongue*

My nose and bonnet scuttle and whatnot getting done here Scroll to the bottom of the gallery 🥰

Dave townley will do ya proud *thumbup* *thumbup*

In the sun its *cool* as its *smokin*

😬