Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A huge vote of thanks

ijk

Thanks everyone for your support and help yesterday after my little slip up. You really are a great bunch of people and its a real pleasure to be with you.

Apologies for holding up the day and particularly to Andrew and Al for letting myself out of the tremendous battle we were having. It would have been good to see the whole day out.

Bit sore this morning but otherwise OK

See you soon

Ian

Ian,

Glad to hear you got home OK and whilst battered and bruised there are no broken bones!

It was such a relief to hear the words ‘he’s out the car and walking’ and to hear the crowd cheer.

I have sent you a blatmail you might want to look at but probably not with the family looking over your shoulder.

If you want to finish the championship off and fancy a duel drive at Curborough or Aintree I’d be happy for you to share my car.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by - Storm2 on 4 Jul 2010 09:16:07

So glad you're OK! It wasn't easy for any of us 'getting back into the saddle' after what you call your 'little slip up' and it was a mighty relief to see you back in the paddock afterwards. (Mind you, there was some suspicion that you were stringing out your time at the top of the hill with some rather attractive medics before rejoining us! *tongue*).

Chill, have a cigar, and let's have you back in the saddle ASAP!

Andrew

there is a sequence of photos from someone here

I was watching trackside between Kennel and Crossing when it happened, don't think I'll forget the sight of a Caterham 10 feet in the air and upside down for a while... it was quite a surprise to then see you waving from the bottom of the hillside *wavey* *wink*

Glad to hear you're OK if a bit sore, Ian *thumbup*

Edited by - peterg on 4 Jul 2010 09:17:55

That was one big accident.

It was good that the marshalls and commentators kept us informed about progress- there were a lot of anxious looking faces in the paddock until we heard you were waving at the crowd.

Huge relief that you came out of it unscathed (relatively!). Makes you appreciate how strong our little cars are, and that a full cage is a good idea!

Hope to see you back soon.

PaulB

What a refief you are ok Ian. 😶‍🌫️

No need to apologise for holding up the day. You are right, we were having an excellent battle up to then (a pleasure as always *cool*) hope to see you back on the circuit very soon.

All the best Ian *thumbup* *thumbup*

Al

We were all really worried but it was a great relief to see your beard intact Ian *thumbup* Seeing the pics and video were *eek* but we're all really glad that you came out relatively unscathed - a full cage is looking increasingly attractive at the moment!

It may sound mad saying this on a car forum, but it's just a car, and that fact that you're ok is what really matters. Get some R&R mate and we can't wait to see you back again! *wavey*

Hi Ian

Really sorry to hear about your off. The video footage was frightening just to watch and I can't imagine what it must have been like from the driver's seat.

Suz and I are both pleased that you are okay and hope to see you back at an event very soon.

Needless to say, we have had a serious conversation today about fitting a full cage.

Mark

• Area Representative

Hi Ian,

Really glad to hear that you are okay after watching that video clip. As others have said, having the cage makes all the difference *thumbup*

Hope to catch up with you all later in the year.

Cheers

Nick

Back in a BEC! - but done alright in Class 1...

Ian, What can I say.

That has to be the most dramatic off in our championship - and caught on film and camera!

I think that falls into the category of giving it 110%.

Glad to hear that you are only slighly battered and bruised. When you decide to make a start with the rebuild, I am not far from you, Mark and Mike have my contact Nos.please call if I can be of any assistance.

Robin.

Giving serious thought to fitting a full cage.

SUPERLIGHT 176. PINK LIPS AND BITS *redface* *redface* *redface*

Ian,

Been away for the weekend and just fired up blatchat to find this thread! Immensely relieved to hear that you're ok. Couldn't believe my eyes watching the video, seems Mark Webber had a big influence on you! If SWMBO see's it I may not be allowed out to play again!!

Again, really pleased you're ok and look forward to seeing back again soon.

All the best,

Steve