Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Trip down south

finnie

So have just decided to send the car all the way south from the Isle of lewis (north west coast of Scotland) down to Oily for a wee upgrade in November! Getting a wee bit of polishing etc to get it up to 230 ish bhp, then a nice remap to sort out my throttle kangaroo issues sorted once and for all. Now obviously the car doesn't get down south very often so as I'll be driving it back north I'll be passing not too far from caterham midlands. Would it be worth calling in there (or anywhere else) for them to have a general service / check of the rest of the car to see if everything else is on order? Suspension, steering etc??? Or am I being dumb and oily will check anyway???

Plan at the moment is to drive to Glasgow to meet transport co. either via ullapool or through Skye and Glencoe. Then will fly down myself a couple of weeks later for the remapping. Plan to drive all the way back up though seeing as engine will be in it's finest fettle then. Never even put the roof on the car yet so will have to practise getting in and out through those tiny doors!!!!

Oh and yes it is South, It's 600 miles from Ullapool!!!!!!!!!

Just thought that I would mention that the K series isn't the only engine I work on, in the last few years I have worked with the K series, Duratec, Zetec, BDA/BDR, Crossflow, pre-xflow, C20XE, C20LET, Cosworth YB, MG Xbag, A series long and short heads, Lotus Twin Cam (stromberg and Weber), new Mini, Toyota, Rover V8, TVR 6, Ford and Mopar V8 and a smattering of others. The K series does make up the bulk of the work though.

Oily

• Area Representative

Drove up to Isle of Skye in our works van from Hanmpshire a few weeks ago to do some radar analysis and got the ferry accross to Harris and then drove to Stornaway. I would love to drive the roads we were on in my Caterham. Came back via Ullapool, long drive but so nice to get on uncongested roads *smile*

Nick

Lava Orange Caterham Blackbird *cool*

Road and Race Transmissions

Filston Farm

Filston Lane

Sevenoaks

Kent

TN14 5JU Tel: 01959 525105

Phil Stewart doesn't really need a website as he gets plenty of work through recommendations *thumbup* Only problem is that he's a fair way from Milton Keynes (even further south...)