Click here if you are having website access problems ×

? Cheapest tyres you can sensibly fit to a se7en

Johnty Lyons

JJ,

My replies didn't go to the other list it seems.

I have a set of four T1Rs, 195 50 (I think) 14. Think two might be on the wear markers, but two have lots of life. Compared to 32s, 48s or 888s, they're nowhere near as grippy, as they're road car tyres really (I could spin them in 3rd). If they're of interest, let me know, I'd need old ones to support the car on though.

Willie

I think the only thig that you can do is look at the ones you can use "safely" on a 7. CR500, R888, A048, A021. Decide what ones you prefer and phone round (do a search here for alot of the suppliers). Like Rich, I had on off in Germany, luckily it was on off on to another road (I straight lined as the car was not going to make the corner at low speed). I was on Avon ZV3, since then I only use grippy tyres, even A048r in the wet are far better than ZV3.

BRG and Yellow nose now with added brooklands

My Se7en came with A539 Yokos, which weren't too bad but the change to AO48s then AO21Rs were well worht it. I feel happier in the wet with the 21Rs.

Adams & Page in High Wycombe are excellent, if convenient.

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

I do understand about grippy tyres My car produces 240Brake BUT is SORNED at moment [lack of funds] I in past 10 yrs have NEVER run anything other than 888s or 48s[previous32s] I was just wondering if I could get it on the road with some sort of rubber. *confused* ☹️ 🤔

jj

N.I. L7C AR 🙆🏻

Membership No.3927.

240BHP 1900cc K Series 40th Anniversary

I wouldnt bother with any tyres less grippy then R888/48/CR500 for safety sake

soley on the basis that when pressing on, you can deal with the additional wheelspin from the rear on less grippy tyres, but the lack of braking traction on the front tyres is a concern for me. I nearly killed myself using 539 tyres trying to brake for a car pulling across the road for a junction (clearly the driver hadnt seen me and I was travelling at excessive speed *rolleyes*)and simply couldnt stop as I would have done with grippy fronts. I ended up sneaking round the tail of the car but In would go back to tyres with less grip on the front than R888/CR500 *smile*

here is my Duratec R .... C7 TOP

Taffia joint AO with Al

Academy cars run on Avon CR322's which have little grip but last forever and are fairly progressive. Most Academy drivers junk these at the end of the season so you could probably pick up a set for next to nothing with plenty of life left.

Quite a laugh to use on the road and providing you recognise their limitations, perfectly OK for the average 7.

perfectly OK for the average 7.

The problem is that at 240BHP, JJ's car is anything but average. It seems a pity to put 'compromise rubber' on what must be a very quick car.

Be Lucky!!

Martin

(Solent Se7ens) M7

Yeah this Credit crunch and jobless lifestyle are Crap

Insurance is reasonable got it for 149 tax will be 110

But Rubber is either 48s at 325 or 888s at 330

Looks like it had better stay Sorned

jj

N.I. L7C AR 🙆🏻

Membership No.3927.

240BHP 1900cc K Series 40th Anniversary

Looks like it had better stay Sorned

Johnty, it'll taste all the sweeter when things improve for you and you get the 7 out of the garage. I hope that's sooner rather than later *thumbup*

Be Lucky!!

Martin

(Solent Se7ens) M7