Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Removing the honeycomb floor above the fuel tank

dannylt

No you dont need to take the bar off, or at least I didn't.

Just keep trying, I seem to recall it comes out diagonally across the boot opening away from the fuel filler, with the floor narrow bit up and then out the near side rear corner of the car, if that makes sense. Mine just fits through, maybe the previous owner of mine filed it to fit ??

Good Luck

Doug

Is yours captive around the fuel filler pipe ? If so, you have to take the pipes off the fuel filler to remove it. When off, you may wish to open up the hole around the fuel filler so it is not 'captive' any more ?

I have a small bit of wooden flooring for the front third of the boot, and honeycomb ali the rear two thirds.

It's one of those things that looks like it will never fit . . .you fart about for ages, all different ways, and suddenly it's in your hands and free. It's like one of those tricks where you have two bits of bent metal and need to separate them - and every time you do it it's just as hard as before as you always stumble accross the solution and can't remember what you did before.

Removing the honeycomb would have made a great Krypton Factor test *thumbup*

the other option is to simply cut a slot in the rear skin and slide it out sideways*

* a supurb wind up when I was recently reskining the back of the car (but she didnt know it was having a reskin) and er in doors was "helping" with the boot floor 😬 😶‍🌫️

here is C7 TOP

Taffia joint AO with Al

I spent a good few hours trying to get mine out and gave up - next day it came out 1st attempt - but cant remember how I did it. Although the way Doug described it seems very familiar.

Not a lot of help I know - but it came out without taking the rollbar off - or cuting a slot in the back *biggrin*

Green/Yellow 2006 1.6K Roadsport SV

If you hadn't of selfishly moved Stuart, it would have been on your doorstep by now *smile* Ah... I see what you did there!

I removed the fuel filler pipes and it came out pretty easily after that. Strange though, because it should have just come out the other way instead, but it wouldn't - maybe because of the battery mounting bracket.

Thanks! Hopefully the rest is easy.

it's a 10 second job once you know how. First protect the ally on the right hand side where it rolls over the top tube. Then raise the forward edge of the floor a few inches and wiggle the N/S/R corner downwards in to what would be below the floor area while raising the O/S/F corner out past the protected tube. It just comes out with a few mm to spare. Last time I took mine out I wrote instruction on the boot floor so I didn't sit there trying to figure it out again hence why it's stuck in my mind.

jason

It clunks, it rattles, the wife hates it, but I love my BEC.