Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Problem getting Polished Surround Windcreen

stevethemook

Hi,

I unfortunatley have a rather large crack on my windscreen *mad* and rang up National Windscreens to obtain a replacement via my insurance.

Mine has a polished surround (not black ) and according to National Windscreens they cannot source a polished surround for an SV (even from Caterham). They can get a black surround but Im not too sure about how it will look with my polished stantions.

The previous owner replaced the windscreen 3 years ago with no problem so I cannot understand whats going on. Maybe they have to get the windscreen and fit it to my frame.

Anybody else had trouble

Thanks

Steve

PS After posting this a thought came to mind...checked on Caterham Website and it is available *thumbup* so National Windscreens must be talking through there 🙆🏻.

Northerner in a Nova Violet Brute.S777 XTC

Edited by - stevethemook on 17 Sep 2008 21:09:34

Steve,

Point them to the Caterham site, if they still can't "source" it, see if your insurance company will give you the money to fit it yourself.

I've heard of a few companies doing that, as they tend to be sympatheic. I got mine through Autoglass (N.Ireland), but wouldn't let any tracksuit/baseball cap twit have my car keys, so they let me fit it myself.

Willie

I fitted new glass in my windscreen - was dreading it as people said it was fiddly but actually with plenty of Lube 😳 it slipped into the frame nicely - took 15 mins in the end....

It did help that there were three people so we could pull in all four corners at the same time *tongue*

I'd get the company to get the glass from caterham and just slip it into the frame!?

---

my mind is blank....

When my 7 arrived I expected polished uprights on the screen but got the silver anodized. Apparently they stopped doing polished because of cost. I used a polisher and simply polished off the anodizing down to the ali. Didn't take too much effort and look much better than silver anodized which to me looks painted.

BASIC TECH INFO: 2004/7,500 mile Cat w/Zetec SVT, widetrack, DeDion, 5 spd/3.62, 15-CR500's