Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dry Sump Systems for K Series

MAK

I am considering coverting from standard wet sump, with apollo to a Dry Sump System and am interested in any recommendations and pros/cons of the various systems available. I am aware systems from CC and Pace.

At this time my preference is Pace, Is there anything I should be wary of?

Car is 1800 SV

Cheers

Malcolm

You are making to much money Malclom. 😬 No Joking apart Gary was thinking of doing this to as he is always claking the sump, he has had two sumps and an Engine block because the sump is so low and he is a big lad so the car must go down a bit. 😳 I think he had a Quote from Kendricks to do the job I will find out how much.

Regards Paul

Full CC DS kit with bell tank is about £1700 inc vat.

£1100 ish if you go for the remote tank option...

Fitting will be expensive as they'll probably charge you at least days labour...

Pace kit is a similar price to the CC remote tank option.

The Caterham system is neatly packaged but IMHO is flawed in two areas, the first is the presence of only a single stage scavenge pump, the second is in the tank capacity.

The Pace system is a far better system but has been installed on fewer of this particular engine.

Oily

The caterham system is very good and importantly has the backing of the factory

But read Oiley's comments I will add that the Caterham system retains the original non pressure adjusting original K pump.

The pace system [yes I've run one for 4 yrs] is a completly seperate 3 stage pump with adjustable output, and a large 7Ltr remote tank. *thumbup* 😬

Both systems do what it says on the Tin It's all down to personal choice 😶‍🌫️

jj

N.I. L7C AR 🙆🏻

Membership No.3927.

The downsides of the Pace system are the tank sits in front of the engine and therefore puts weight further forward, it also restricts access to the front of the engine.

The CC system with a tall remote tank in front of the passenger footwell overcomes the capacity issue and is better value than the belltank.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

I fitted the CC system with remote tank. Easy to fit and the remote take takes 6+l of oil.

If i was doing it agin i would go down the same route. Only thing i change was the routing of the oil pipes as i did not like the lower one going over the bell housing.It now is taken round the chassis rail.

David

If you're going to put the oil tank in fron tof the passenger footwell its considerably easier if you've got a short footwell (as the race cars have).

Do a search, there's loads of debate around this. Whatever you do, don't ask for comments about running it sealed vs not, can - check, can opener - check, can opener works - check.....oh b*gger, what are all these worms doing????

Pace advantages seem to be bigger oil capacity (although you can get this with a separate tank rather than the CC bellhousing one), adjustable pump, twin scavenge. Disadvantages if the belt comes off you lose oil pressure instantly.

CC advantages seem to be it's CC approved, race-proven over many years, original pressure pump is retained ie don't lose pressure immediately if the belt fails. Disadvantages only single scavenge, oil capacity in bellhousing-tank form.

There is a third option (which I can't really recommend!) which is get an MGF Cup car system, which uses twin scavenge but retains the original pressure pump. Probs are that they're as rare as a rare thing, and it's taken me over 2 years to get the whole lot together, and I haven't got an engine mount built yet. (Pace and CC systems both use changed OS engine mounts) Best of both worlds IMHO, but I can't find anyone to fabricate an engine mount. By the time I've taught myself to weld it'll be another year gone....

You pays yer money etc

Martin

supersported ex-Roadsports B

Malc

I have one for sale, it is a caterham sump and purple pump but running an external tank on the end of the passanger foot well, also running through a laminover

this gives you the extra tank capacity lacking on the bell housing tank

yours for £800 but it does require a short passanger foot well.

I could fit it for you for a fee

regards

Simon

07976 633997