Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cadwell Park 2007

Mark Durrant

We have received an invite from the Borough 19 Motor Club to a sprint at Cadwell Park on either 23rd or 24th June next year. I expect the costs to be similar to this year (£118) as this is determined by the charges from MSV.

I know some of you had concerns over the number of entries which was 150 but this number is required to keep the entry fee down, albeit the most expensive event the club has entered.

Grateful for your feedback ....and Mr Angry please be constructive 😬 *tongue*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Cadwell Park is a great venue.

My thoughs:

We did 2 events at tracks this year and both were very slow. It seams to take along time to get through the runs. Pembrey on day one was like this, so long track + lots of cars, might = slow day.

I think this could be improved next year if the learn from their experance. (I am always happy for them to contact me for some advice).

Its expensive. I understand why its £118 but as I am going to do less events this year due to time and money I think it a bit step.

Mark

I hope you find the above a balance and level headed responce.

David

Even in the mist ( *confused*) Cadwell is awesome and adds a whole new dimension to our sprinting calendar. I would vote to keep it for next year and I am sure that the organisers will learn from this year (particularly scrutineering/convoy runs).

It is expensive but it is a full race circuit. I did'nt do Shelsley this year but if you were comparing the two for value for money which which would you choose?

I would certainly keep Cadwell on my list for next year and miss other events to offset the cost.

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

Difficult call Mark, but on balance I would like to see it in the calendar *smile*

As Dave says, ideally it would be a double header/linked to a track day to make it worth the trek to the wilds of Lincolnshire. I also agree that there are some areas for improvement in the organisation - in particular scruntineering is best completed BEFORE practice starts 😳 and numbered spaces / some sort of class organisation in the paddock would no doubt help enormously with that many cars to get through *thumbup*

Tam

Mark.

I'd also give Cadwell a big *thumbup*! Fantastic venue. As we all agree, organisation will hopefully be improved by next year. However, it was their first sprint so hopefully scrutineering etc and the general organisation could be improved by next year!

A double header would be expensive but a great option given distance etc!

Dannyboy *tongue*

I spoke to someone who had competed on the Saturday and Sunday at Cadwell. They said that on Sunday it went really well, that the weather was glorious once the mist lifted in the morning and thought it was a great venue.

We'd like to enter next year (now I know where it is *tongue*).

L & R

Yes Darren. Finish line was where I would probably lift on a trackday *confused*

So add 10yds for "trying" my last run meant I was heading toward the bottom of the Mountain with both front wheel locked and trying to unlock them *eek*

According to the data.

104.5 mph over the line.

Locked near side wheel for 68.9 ft loosing 52.1 mph in the 2.3 sec of the process 😬

Can we go again. Can we. Just looking at the data has made me certain I would go!