Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cadwell Tuesday - Thanks Geoff

sjmmarsh

Thanks to Geoff for organising another great trackday at Cadwell. *thumbup*

Comiserations to the guy in the green group who went off at Halls Bends and hit the Armco, ripping the front right suspension off and shunting the engine forward off its mount by a couple of inches. A real shame as it had been recently restored by the looks of it. ☹️

And he had an instructor in the car at the time. 😳

Steve

Big Thanks Geoff and team for the organisation *thumbup*, I had a great introduction to trackdaying today, 115mls on track, managed to keep on the grey bit, great instruction that really helped me enjoy the day, also sorry to see that not all had such a great day, hope both the driver and instuctor were ok.

kevin R

black-ali HPC

Hi Geoff

Also a BIG thanks from Oily Rag and me *thumbup* *thumbup* Thank you for swapping the days over for us at short notice much appreciated 😬 *thumbup*

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Great day, Many thanks to all concerned *wink*even got the weather right this time.... Stoneleigh on Sunday, cadwell on Tuesday.....what a fantastic club this is!! 😬

Dave Jackson

British Racing Green and Yellow Nose The only way to low fly 😬

I must have been one of the last to leave and after a 2hr drive home was still grinning. What a great day and what a great course. Only my 4th track day so was slightly apprehensive at first.

However, thanks to the great Instruction from Dr John I managed to lay down 130miles and overcome any fears!

Today is going to be a dull day in work! Especially thinking about all the guys at Cadwell today 😬

Cheers Geoff and all *thumbup*

*thumbup*Thanks Geoff, Judith, Steve, Mav & Miss Mav and anyone else I forgot for a really great day *thumbup*. Weather held if a bit blowey at times and I kept it on the island all day - well nearly *tongue*

....115mph approaching Park and snatched 2nd rather than 4th *eek* with the predictable result that the back kicked out and I speared into the in-field collecting the apex cone on the way. No damage other than my embarrassment as I hauled the car backwards to free the cone 😳. Gawd those slicks don't half pick up crap when you go off *eek*. I spent the next lap fully expecting to pirouette off at the next corner.

Thanks also to Matt D, Philip A, and ANother for assistance in fixing nasty oil leak from my dry sump pump *thumbup*. If I hadn't spotted a small pool of oil under the car just before the first session after lunch, the day might have ended rather differntly *eek*.

Commisertations to the one big off ☹️ hope you and Austin K were OK *thumbup*

Fantastic day and brilliant circuit *thumbup* *thumbup*.

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell - Surrey AO and Su77on Se7ener

Edited by - Harry Flatters on 3 May 2006 08:47:53

Another thanks to Geoff and the team from me.

Signing on was remakably quick and just about got caught out by how quickly we were on track. *thumbup*

Thanks to all those in the red group- some good driving and overtaking being overtaken was never a problem

Could have done with a bit more power on the straights to keep up with the R400's and the like but the wiggly bits were OK

Nice to meet a few new faces as well.

Hope the bent car is fixed soon

MikeW

Mega Grad Race No 9

Another *thumbup* from us too *smile* My first ever drive of Cadwell and I loved it 😬 Also a big thank you to Matt D for a very entertaining passenger ride in the 'Blade *cool*

We clocked over 1000 miles this weekend, to Llandow for the track day and sprint then Cadwell. The car never missed a beat, despite dual drives all weekend and no trailer 😳 What great little cars they are *thumbup*

Thanks Geoff and all the helpers, and David for the ride *thumbup* Great first time at Cadwell, and at least my car lasted the day before the gear linkage bracket broke on the M1 trapping me in 6th which made for some interesting approaches to the roundabouts on the A43 😳 I gave up at Cherwell Valley services though and called the RAC out for the last 25 miles

Should be fairly straightforward to fix though

Blue Light 05 DVD available NOW!

Cheers to all those who organised and participated in a brilliant day!!

Cadwell, the club and these silly cars never fail to disappoint!!

Also..cheers to Mike and Rich for a great final session!! 😬 😬 😬

Dannyboy *tongue*

removing the gaffer tape *tongue*

• Leadership Team

*thumbup* *thumbup*ditto the above compliments. Thanks Geoff and gang for all your efforts *thumbup* *thumbup*

always sad to see a bent car especially a 7 ☹️ hope owner is ok and car fixed.

oh yes another thing

CADWELL PARK IS MY FAVOURITE TRACK..............but i did enjoy Anglesey as well *confused*

Rog

On behalf of Geoff Pickin I would like to thank everyone who helped out at Cadwell.Two very good days with excellent weather for a change.

Geoff is out of action at the moment after being admitted to hospital on Wednesday night.

Hopfully he will be O/K for Oulton.

Steve Pickin

Hi Geoff

Hope your stay there's brief, best wishes from Oily Rag and me.

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.