Ian B

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...
  • Area Representative

A BTTT for this thread.

Embarrassingly, this is the first time I can recall reading about DD tube failures.

Mine is a 2000 SL-R so type 3 DD tube - will be giving it a good look over this Winter, but given previous owners experience - one failing immediately after an MoT when all looked well, I do wonder if I should budget for a replacement some point soon to be completely reassured?

B*gger. *irked*

• 10 months later...

BTTT for anyone looking at buying an older car, or doing their winter check.

I'm afraid the formatting and links were lost when it was transferred to this new webshite, but if you scroll down you'll find an attempt at reformatting it, but still with no working links I'm afraid. 

Hat off to your reformatting Ian. I've done a couple of my much shorter, but long, ones and thus I know it takes ages. 

I view your post here as possibly having saved my life given the mountain terrain in which I always drive. One metre off the road is a deadly cliff, typically.

So here is my request to the Team to allow the old site to be put back online, like it was for some time (read only) , so we can rescue valuable and/or valued content that often represents vast amounts of time invested over sometimes many years for the benefit of fellow members and now currently all lost to us... despite all the promises. This thread being one such outstanding example.

There is a deep irony in Drupal (this site uses it) being a content MANAGEMENT system, given the extensive so far irretrievable damage it has occasioned to our archive of knowledge and wisdom.

I am aware several of us have offered the online resources to  support this, which is the only reason I have been given for not allowing this self- help tool. Broken links may be fixable too.

Anthony

• 2 years later...

Back to the top, it would be a shame to let all the good work Ian B did on this important subject go to waste and as AnthonyM # 218 says, this is the time of year to check your tubes. Unfortunately most of the links & images were lost with the change over, but this is what can go wrong . . . . . 

DDTube(10)_1.thumb.jpg.3757bfa9724cce00b806515a9e38ba7f.jpg

DDTube(8).thumb.jpg.3427d6b121426ff12f4a909132bb32ad.jpg
DDTube(6)_2.thumb.jpg.35329daf759c0e35c397da9788b6ea8f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...