Click here if you are having website access problems ×

wheel bearings

ruff seven

Guys,

The bearings are the same as those for a pre 1974 Spitfire and Herald. There are two parts references for the Spit so get a motor factor to X ref with the herald to make sure you get the right ones as I didn't in Market Harborough with the car in bits at Rockingham *mad*

Take the dimensions in inches of your existing bearings as a further X check. The bearings themselves are made by British Timken.

Caterham have changed the front hub/stub axle assembly and the bearings are different now.

Battered, weather better in France than in Berwick?

Regards

Brian

ALL bearings have an identifying # etched onto them.. You can use this # to source Bearings from an Industrial Brg Supply House.. sometimes this gets one a better price .. but also opens up the possiblity of buying a much Higher Grade, identical bearing.. If you feel the need.

Thanks gents!

Hello brian, I remember chatting to you last year. *smile* Yes, the weather is a bit better here than Berwick. 😬 In Feb in Berwick I had an entire weekend of not being able to go out for more than 5 minutes at a time because my fingers started turning black and falling off. Here in July I had another weekend of being unable to go outside because every time I did the sweat running in my eyes made it impossible to see. No, I'm not kidding, nobody went out for 2 days until after dark, it was weird. Even the dogs and cats stopped wandering about, everything just stopped.

One evening around Le Mans weekend I had the alternator in bits on the bench, I was wearing shorts and trainers and every time I moved my head sweat dripped off it. It was after 11pm.

Fortunately it is now much more amenable, I can feel a cosmetic upgrade coming on soon. *thumbup*

Steve