Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon Fibre Props ready soon...

Anthony

I have been indiscussion with CTG Ltd who are currently in the final stages of design and development of a Caterham propshaft (26.5 and 28), and will be offering them once this is complete. They hope that this will be sometime around the end of June.

I have been indicussion about a LSOC batch being prepared and a group discount.

Costs are being prepared, but I welcome any views as who might be interested, depending on final price.

Kindest regards

Anthony

No engine, but 4 wheels...

I noticed in Performance Ford this month that the rally cross RS200 used one of these with titanium ends. The only problem though was that it had to be 'lifed' on a regular basis.....which sounds very expensive.

Great idea though Anthony - I'd be interested if I only had to buy one for the life of the car though.

May be I should approach this company to make the slider props with flanges at both ends to suit the new Elite 5 speed sequential boxes. One would come in very handy actually considering that i've actually managed to lose my existing prop !!!

Home of BDR700

They're not using UJ's they're using a carbon disc that's bolted to the diff flange and the prop at 90 degs to each other. Likewise the props bolted to another disc at the box end and a gearbox output shafts also bolted to the second disc.

What I'll need to know is how much out of tolerance these discs can take before becoming over-stressed. I think my box and diff are a lot out of line but never really worried as the UJ's live with it OK.

Hope that you get more life from these than the rallycross boys.

The last one that I saw being replaced between runs after failing appeared to have the yoke ends fixed with a couple of pop rivets *eek* perhaps that was to locate the assembly whilst the glue went off.

In any case the glue or whatever else was backing up the rivets had failed.

Thanks Guys, once I have further info will post.

Pinky, I will count you in for one ! Seriously if they work I suspect many of the racers will pick these up and we can get a serious bulk order on the go 😬

Anthony

No engine, but 4 wheels...

Re these props.

Give me your questions about alignment and lifespan, cos my housemate is one of the engineers at CTG.

What I can tell you is that since Titanium was banned in the Jap GT series this year, almost all the Jap GT cars (Supras and Skylines) are using CTGs Carbon Props.

DC

Carbon fiber props seem to be finding their way onto the most unlikely production vehicles, someone must have a solution to the longevity of the material.

I was surprised to discover that the current Shogun/Pajero now has a carbon propshaft.