Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Anglesey - Saturday Night Meal

PaulCo

This is not a problem, I am very happy to join the crew at the Sandy Mount  House if they will have me , even if Tony is attending !! rather than push the The Oyster Catcher to the limit , So if that’s ok with all ,please book me a place at Sandy Mount in lieu of the Oyster Catcher.

Many Thanks 

Philip 

I have tried to book a smaller table for the evening to help make space but they only have 4.30 available.

Now Ben might be able to get there by then but not me!

Megan, Ben's wife and son Celt are now joining us for the weekend as Celt wants to see Simon's race car.

I can not follow the numbers here now so if there is space Megan and Celt would like to join.  If not then let us know and we can try to work something else out.

Some advice all.... petrol on the island is still in fairly short supply at present. Tesco filling station at Bangor was closed a couple of days ago. Hopefully things will improve by the weekend, however be mindful of this. 

Secondly - we've got forecasts of heavy winds and rain at the weekend, therefore don't plan for shorts and t-shirts ;-). Hopefully the rain will pass and drop on Snowdonia however. If it does I'll pop over! Can't see it being Caterham weather though! 

Sorry to hear that Geoff. 

The island appears to still be fairly busy. About 30min (18 miles) from the circuit is a nice looking (i haven't been in) restaurant called the Boathouse at Red Wharf Bay near Pentraeth. When I just looked they had reservations. There's a nice pub also just along the quay also - I have been there,and confirm they sell Landlord on draught. 

I'd argue our side is the prettier side of the island ;-)

Another place at the table available from me as well as for some reason Heather has decided that sitting for hours just to buy diesel is not her idea of a weekend away.

I will be there and if needed can referee between Phil and Tony as to which is the fastest (at eating desert !)

Grahame

Total number for the Saturday night meal, taking in to account those who cannot attend, and including Geoff and Elaine Corker and the Tony and Phil Show is 35. I have agreement for 33 with the restaurant, but I will try and increase that tomorrow (not answering tonight). 

I will keep you posted.

Paul