Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wheel Hub Type and Fixings

A7 OOH

• Leadership Team

Erngor, assuming you're intending to fit Caterham issued wheels, any Caterham wheels intended for use with a dedion car (both metric and imperial chassis) will fit, other than CSR wheels.

Stu.

It's actually the seat bolts that get the worst of it. If I'm on a yumpy road and hit a compression at any speed the shock through the seatbolt is transferred straight through the tillet into my spine. But, damn, she looks good and mean and purposeful. I'm all about form over function!

• Leadership Team

Erngor, profile is not a determined height but a percentage of the width, so a 205/60 tyre will have a taller sidewall than a 185/60 tyre.

For the Caterham the generally considered "lowest profile" for 13" wheels would be the 175/55-13 (CR500) although availability I understand is getting more scarse, therefore Avon's ZZS in 185/55-13 would be the next lowest. Anything in the 175/55 to 185/60 profile range is fine though, front and rear. If you have wider tyres on the rear they'll most likely have a taller sidewall.

They're expensive but I've found the Avon ZZS to be one of the best all round tyres I've had on the Caterham.

Stu.

I run Toyo R888R's 185 60 on the front and 205 60 on the rears on 13" minilites during spring, summer and autumn (need to be a bit careful in a downpour, though)  and then Yoko A539 185 60 all round during winter. I prefer the flex of taller sidewalls both from a comfort perspective plus also the  warning you get before rear end break away when being a bit over spirited