Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O ring dilema

mossy7

So.. the O ring on the dipstick for my 2018 360 R Duratec has split. On this gorgeous day I can't drive her.

I contacted CC and they don't sell them. Tony is going to pop down to the engine work shop and try and get one out to me. But there must be a source somewhere? ( tried the Sigma one and it's too big) 

help? 

If you get stuck try Bearing Traders Ltd, 01494 441301, give them the size, they stock most sizes or bung the old one in the post to me and I'll take it up there.  Didn't charge me for the tiny one to fix my leaky bug sprayer. (It was the sprayer that was leaky, not a sprayer for leaky bugs you understand).

Ok.. all sorted. New dipstick arrived from CC today so all good for tomorrow's suspension set up at Northampton motorsport. I have sorted some o rings of various sizes thanks to some ideas here. And Stuart from Premier Power saw this thread and has posted an O ring from a dipstick in his workshop to help out. All in all loads of help and all sorted. Thank you folks. *clap* 

A couple of comments:

Even just oil mist will destroy an EPDM O-ring and you don't want that in your oil

Viton is a trade name and not a type, there is at least five different types of Viton, they all have different resistance to chemicals

What you want is an NBR O-ring - these come in different types as well, but any type will be OK for oil

*smile* 

NBR, however, does not like NaOH and should not be used in an alkaline environment