Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Indicator buzzer !

genneton4

Hi, I have a 1990 Supersprint and want to introduce an indicator buzzer.  I have trawled the website but can't find an exact answer.

Could I simply change the existing Flasher relay for a Flasher/buzzer relay ?

If so, how many pins and who stocks them ?

Thanks - Keith

There's a circuit diagram and suggested products somewhere...would you like to do it with two buzzers or one buzzer and some diodes?

But are you sure that you only want an immediate buzzer and not an adjustable-delayed-onset-of-buzzing device?

I'll find the discussions in the archives when you've decided.

Jonathan

Thanks for your wisdoms.  I think I'll plan a pincer movement on this. 

1) I will get a cheap relay/buzzer (£1.82) off ebay and replace the Caterham indicator relay unit.

If this fails ...

2) I will try Bricol's method and plumb in a 2 wire buzzer on the indicator switch (connect to the middle spade and to earth).

As belt and braces I might also change the indicator switch for a green illuminated jobby !

I'll let you know when my stuff arrives on the slow boat !

Big Col, Mark_w, cheers for the heads up about that buzzer which comes on after a set time. Sounds ideal. (I don’t want a buzzer all the time)

Just this week I followed a tin top who had left their indicator on and I cringed at every side road they sailed past. None of us are perfect and this might just prevent me from causing an accident. 

Ordered. Will report back.

I fitted the buzzer, although it comes with lots of stuff to fix wires I used two double blade crimps on the red wires and earthed it to to screw of the switch so it’s earthed to the dash. The unit is now in behind my knee panel so easy to get to. I found it works well on 15 or so flashes then beep. Adjusting it seems a little finicky, but they supply the screw driver too. The twin blades allow you to just unplug and piggyback the wires to the switch left and right.  The small box has a lid, you adjust timer by the screw on the blue area. If you over adjust turning the screw anti clockwise 15 times gets it back to the small delay setting.

5A994F5F-E1E1-4C96-A5B5-98FF498DFB05.jpeg.482f5deb3daacfeb7e1e86995ceacd4f.jpeg

B2DA29B6-5F85-4C4E-8539-5928C4303672.jpeg.8e37ea40a7ec86413f0bd8c60d9f72e2.jpegAE73888D-405A-4649-901C-F1F8DB96C9B3.jpeg.a1734fd45fdf250cbde03812fd42bf35.jpeg