Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Replacing Wiper Blades

Gnockoff

Best to change the whole arm perhaps?

Lift the locating spring, which sits in the groove at the bottom of the spindle, with a small screwdriver and pull the wiper off. 

Beware, the spindles aren't very tough and they damage easily so that the spring can't locate properly and the wiper can come off in use. Probably greater risk of damage is being removed occasionally to fit TD aeroscreen. That's my experience anyway........

Dead easy to take off.

Stand by drivers side of the car - take a look at the top of the clip holding the blade to the arm - see the little hole?   It sits over a pip on the arm.

Lift from the screen and hold the arm in your rigth hand.  Hold the clip in your left around the sides where the hole is (on the front bit) - sort of push/pivot the clip so the hole comes off the clip, and pull the blade and clip off the arm.

Replacement as they say, is the opposite of removal - just slide on and it pops over the pip.

Just nipped out in my slippers to take a look at mine outside as I couldn't remember it ever being a problem in the numerous changes over the last 16 yrs. Don't even have to remove the arm from the the wheel box on the car.

Make sure you don't let go of the arms as you take the blades off ... if it springs back on to the screen ... you might need a new screen too.. if you don't fit the new blade immediately .... dont leave the arms at 90 degrees to the screen ... as if they spring back ..... crack !

• 3 months later...
  • Area Representative

Received my new ones today for a 1999 K-series and noticed that the off-set was different. If I had fitted them they would of fouled the windscreen frame. I phoned Caterham and apparently I need the shorter arms too. Looks like they are held in position by a spring, another job for the weekend. 

John