Click here if you are having website access problems ×

are my legs too short for an SV

arty

Hi,

Looking for a first 7 for road use and trips. I am confused as on one hand blurb says buy an SV but on the other there is suggestion that my legs won't reach the pedals. I'm buying second hand, my legs are 30".

Rich

I'm a shortarse with 29" inside leg! I have a SV which I share with 6' son. It's got composite seats and I am fine with them on their forward setting. 

The SV has never felt too wide and the extra room gives other storage and access advantages both in the cockpit and under the bonnet. 

I'm 6 4 so can't comment from experience. But, the SV is hardly an enormous car! Lowered floors and the seat right back and I'm OK. I think most people would be absolutely fine in one. As people have already said, easy enough to sit in a few cars to see what feels right for you. If you live near Stamford you're very welcome any time!

Dear All, Thank you very much for your replies,

The question started because i was in one of the Caterham sales places looking at Morgans and 7's and the sales chap said that i would not fit in the SV that i had just got into. I had it in my head that the seats are fixed [from an old friend with and even older Lotus 7. I now suppose that he meant that i wouldn't reach the pedals in THAT Seven.

I live in the Yorkshire Dales and there are not many owners around here, i did go to the club meet last year one evening but lately i seem to always be on shift when the meet is on. I realise that its obvious to go and try a few but i am much more comfortable with private sales than garage ones.

At least from your answers i can arrange to view some potential cars to buy confident that, following a phone call, an SV is not just for big people. I am a slim 5'7, 30" leg person weighing just stone  but because i want to use to car to get to work, go on climbing trips with 'some' kit and go visiting friends with the other half, oh and wear ordinary enough shoes then i thought i should try to get an SV despite naturally being an 'originals ' man.

Once again thanks for your replies, its the first time i have used the forum. Very impressed.

Rich