Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Block Facility.

Dorset7

Can we have a block facility added so one member can block the posts or prevent contact from another member?

This would be most useful to prevent having to see some individuals posts and having them contact you directly via Blat Mail. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Actually blocking people from threads does sometimes mean you miss an element of the " conversation" 

but having done it on Facebook to a few people I find that I can tolerate groups and certainly blocking mail has taken the vile messages out of my inbox 

so for me overall the pluses outweigh the negatives 

there is one certain sensible shoe wearing cat lover who no longer winds me up having done this 

• Area Representative
In my opinion, if one is receiving messages which qualify as bullying, then the Management Team can intervene on your behalf. This is what the moderators do. There is very little moderation on Blatchat but it is there to cut out inappropriate behaviour (hard to define, not so difficult to recognise) If they are just unhelpful, boring or unhelpful, delete and move on. If the sender can not move on, rise above it.

• 2 years later...

There are a couple of options.  Either I'm as mentally deficient as you suggest...or...maybe...there is a good reason why I might like the option to 'not view' posts from specific individuals.  Whatever the reason, I believe that making the request in the 'suggestions' area of the forum is why this section is here.  But thanks for that.

What a complete waste of members money in technical changes just for a few.

Self filter like you apply in other aspects of life. If you feel you are being abused report the member. Officials can then view posts etc and give the offending member a slap if they feel it appropriate. I’ve seen the management publicly put people in their place (recently)!

Ian

• 1 year later...

Bumpity-bump.  Is (almost) 2 years long enough to wait to submit another request for a function to remove visibility of posters that are repeatedly unpleasent?  The forum seems to have taken another turn for the worse again recently, seemed an appropriate time to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Garry,

With Drupal you either use/tweek and existing supported module or create your own. We predominently use existing supported modules with a level of accepted skinning or settings.

Whilst as far as I know there is no facility to block a specific member within any of the Drupal modules currently available there is the facility to report a post, this is used both to review specific posts but also build a case for suspension of posting rights or suspension of the membership of the club. 

before using through I would recommend you read https://www.lotus7.club/blatchat-code-conduct to understand what constitues a breach rather than just poor taste or contrary views.

Chris,

Thanks for the response.  I have no difficulty understanding the difference between C of C breaches, general obnoxiousness and differences of opinion.  Thanks for the answer ref. Drupal/block facility, suppose that rules it out then.

Cheers

Gary