Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dash Lights

robvmarr

I have a 2002 K Series Supersport with a carbon fibre Stack dash.

My car has passed it's MOT, but the garage say that I should have a full beam blue light and a white/clear reversing light visible and working on the dash for it to pass next time.

I can not for the life of me remember if I ever had them or not when I bought the car.

I have had the car some 4 years and wonder why I am only being told this now on its 3rd MOT with the same garage.

Is this correct and should I have them or were they never there in the first place.

Can anyone give me any pointers please?

Thanks in advance.

Ta, but I dont think it is supposed to be in the Stack bit itself, I was just giving this for a description to help people on here.

I think they mean I should have drilled holes in the actual carbon dash with bulbs in.

Maybe I should post a photo to help.

SM25T - indeed!

...but I actually wish that this would become a requirement/common item for new mass-produced cars. I know it's not too much to deal with, but with three different gearbox patterns on my driveway - and only one (the Caterham) having a conspicuous mechanical reverse-lockout - I sometimes find myself wondering which direction my partners car will leave in when I drive it (reverse beside 1st). I seem to remember my old Focus being quite vague too... *driving*

They may have been confused.... We're going back a few years now.... but if you have a switch to turn on a reversing light then that has to have a tell tale, usually it was a switch that lit up. Bizarre to think a 2002 7 would need it!

Agree about the reversing light bit -- shurely shome mishtake?

for it to pass next time

But that bit puzzles me.  Unless the MOT rules change between your latest MOT and the next one, either the car should pass next time or should have failed this time?  Am I missing something?

Maybe I should post a photo to help

Yes, please.

JV

Confusion with manually-switched reversing light is a better theory than mine about high-intensity rear lights.

but if you have a switch to turn on a reversing light then that has to have a tell tale, usually it was a switch that lit up. 

Panel with a switch and a light, finished in black crackle, and strategically positioned to penetrate your patella? Paddy Hopkirk spotlight on the back? ;-)

Jonathan