Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A048's vs 888's Fight!

Bob L

Your considered opinions please.

Time for new tyres.  Mine does not go out in the wet but has got caught occasionally.  I'm currently using 888's and very pleased with them but A048R's seem similar and I have not experienced these.

The cheapest I've found so far is:
George Polley A048R's @ £372 delivered
Demon Tweeks 888's @ £350.81 delivered

So, price is similar (unless anyone knows where I can do better).  Anyone had experience of both and prefers one against the other?

I drive like a careful old woman and its virtually road use only.

I have just been thumbing through the Demon Tweeks 2015 motorsport mag.  There is a note on both the A021 and A048 that "any tyres produced after 1st November 2014 will be non compliant to EU - 8117".  Now I knew that the A021Rs were a problem, but not the A048.  Worth checking this as you make only have one choice!

Alot of trackday type tryes are going to fall foul of the new regulation being brought in which makes them illegal to use on the road. Not sure how it will be policed or what will happen to thos of us who have those tyres already fitted come the date in question ?? 

To the OP - surly the CR500 fit your requirment in every area especially as you dont track ?