Alex Rae

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quoting Alex Rae: 
Serial numbers up to 100 can be requested on ordering, but will be on a first come first served basis. Sorry, but 007 has already gone. *tongue*

Alex - my interpretation of this is that all requests for serial numbers on this thread will have no bearing on the serial number awarded, which will be determined on a first ordered, first granted basis. Seems obvious, But can you confirm that this is correct?

I've done nothing to record 'requested' numbers. My understanding is that you can do this direct with CWL when ordering. I do agree that it would be fair to respect what people have said on here. But I've been trying to keep out if this. 😬

If the order process changes from the initial plan and orders have to go though me, I'll go through the thread and see what people want.

Alex, I voted for a c3 but when I tried to post I realised that I'd not registered on the forum so don't know if my vote counted! Due to problems with the registration webpage, it's taken me two weeks to get on! If the ordering has to go through you then please make sure I'm on the list.

Hello and welcome to the forum. *wavey*

Your vote will have counted, but does not constitute an order. All responses were anonymous. The polls were done to gauge interest and decide on which watch will be made.

I'm hopeful that the order process will be up and running this week. I'll update the thread as soon as I have the details.

No order details yet, but just an update on where we are.

The designs have been sent to Switzerland to have the first dial made up. I don't know how long this will take, but things are under way. The work on the order process has started, so it appears that orders are going to go through CWL and not me. That's good news. *smile*

Finally, some of you may have seen that there has been a £35 price rise on the C3 across the range. I've has it confirmed today that prices for the club watch will not change from what were were told in July. So compared to a 'standard' C3 which you could buy today, the Club modifications will only add £15. And given that engraving adds £25 to a standard watch and is available at no extra cost on the Club watch, ours actually costs less. *thumbup*

The next update will include order information. Hopefully coming soon.

I've only just come in on this but I like it and will consider ordering as I have a 12 year old Omega Seamaster Chronometer which has disappointed as it keeps stopping despite servicing regularly.

All of the models on the CW site have great reviews.

Update 7 - 4/9/14

Good news!

The Lotus Seven Club watch is now available to pre-order. The can be done at www.christopherward.co.uk and searching for 'Lotus' or by following the link here.

The watch is available with a steel bracelet or with a brown or black leather strap. An upgraded strap with a Bader buckle is offered for an additional £25. Having a different CWL watch with this style of clasp I think it's worth considering. Mind you, the standard strap and buckle is more than up to the job.

Description of the Bader Buckle.

Until the end of October specific serial numbers can be requested, strictly on a first-come-first-served basis. It has been suggested that there should be a gentleman's agreement that if someone has mentioned on the bulk buy thread a number they would like then that should be respected by others. I am taking no responsibility for policing this though.

On all CWL watches there is a free post offer until the end of September. This applies to the Club watch too. Given that the recent price rises do not apply to the club watch this feels very generous of Christopher Ward.

The order process is very simple. You just need to find the watch you want on the page, click on "pre-order" and complete the necessary steps. Serial numbers can be requested and any engraving you wish to add to the watch is completed on the order page. No payment will be taken until the watches are ready for dispatch. This is still scheduled for early January. The watch does show as 'out of stock', but that is because it is in the pre-order stage and is not available for immediate dispatch.

If you've any questions then please ask.

Edited by - Alex Rae on 4 Sep 2014 20:18:26

Edited by - Alex Rae on 8 Sep 2014 18:37:49