Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Where to fit a 12v auxiliary socket

Midas

I put mine in the centre of rear bulkhead just above the transmission tunnel. My 2013 Supersport had the wiring in the boot and I used a 12V socket from Caterham (yes, I know it was comparatively expensive) and it was all dead easy - plug and play!

Mine is on the bulkhead a bit left of the midline of the passenger and high above their legs

Mine is similar. I've found that the large plug of the sat nav plus the weight of the trailing lead tends to vibrate it loose when driving. I think mounting it more vertically would be better.

Edited by - Atinod on 28 Jun 2014 13:30:36

I had trouble with the charger coming out, so I mounted a double socket on the bulkhead on a bracket so they point up at 45° . The charger is well up away from the passengers legs and it works well, but I need to get everything sorted before getting in the car.

• Leadership Team

thanks for the replies - I'll go for the bulkhead option

just another question - I assume the rear of the plug is left exposed in the engine compartment? *smile*

No.1 is in the dash, separately fused and bypassing the battery isolator for easy access to plug in a conditioner if needed, and convenient for passengers use.

No.2 is thru the bulkhead next to the fusebox, separately fused and bypassing the battery isolator for anything that needs to be left on (ie charging).

No.3 is thru the bulkhead next to the fusebox, and ignition fed.

No.4 is a twin socket in the boot, ignition switched, for the Autocom and other stuff.

You can never have too many wires 😬