andy_h

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi andy_h

How are you getting on with the development? I'm keen to get the mirrors off the doors onto the windscreen stanchions so keen to hear your progress.

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by - AndyD on 17 Mar 2014 15:10:43

If the brackets were available in a colour, which should we have?

I don't want to make batches of many colours, but agree on one colour.

I'd suggest either black or silver, but given it'll be mounted on a screen and most screens are silver I think it should be silver.

Agree?

I would be interested in a pair, maybe 2 sets. I would prefer them to be black to match my black packed windscreen. :-)

Is there any chance you can send a picture of a side screen opened with them on so we can see how car the screen can be opened?

Thanks

Gregs

Edited by - Gregs79 on 23 Mar 2014 08:46:04

I guess silver is the predominant screen finish as you say. For those with black screen or mirrors a can of hammerite would allow an easy upgrade.

Having put my mirrors back on the IVA windscreen mounts yestersay I'm definitely on for a pair of these once you land on a final design. Usable mirrors will be a significant upgrade *smile*

Edited by - AndyD on 23 Mar 2014 07:12:18

Hi Andy, I'd be up for a pair with mirrors, subject to seeing a few close up pics of the finished article. My colour preference would be black/carbon but I can spray if needed.

Anyone thought about the neatest way of plugging the holes left in the side screens?

Hi Smiffy *wavey*

Good to see your upgrades are already coming thick and fast *smile*.

I haven't got as far as removing the brackets from the doors but would probably use a small bolt like the one holding the brackets in place now with a domed cap cover like these fixed on both ends with a dab of glue. Mine already has these on the inside of the door mirror brackets and they're neat enough. Also easily removed if you wanted to put the mirrors back on the door at any point in future.

I'm sure others who have already solved this problem will be along soon with more elegant solutions *thumbup*