andy_h

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimh,

Ok course *cool*I've sent you an email.

Richard Nichol aka Midas,

My emails keep bouncing back from you as wrong address. Please send me a blatmail with your address within the text of the email *thumbup*

Cheers for the feedback all, glad it was worth all the effort *thumbup*

Am I the one and only. Left side bracket broken. Interesting inside is not solid but honeycomb. Bracket was flexing whilst driving. Have no idea if this contributed to failure. Interesting if design or materials were factors, or it was just an odd failure. Have refitted side screen wing mirror whilst I think it through. Drivers side spa mirror fitting still OK and providing much superior rear vision and of course still continuing to do so, but flexing in the wind. As an amusing aside I wonder what the MOT folk will think of it in the morning, as it still has mirrors. Maybe it was the threat of MOT that caused the failure, moi paranoid, never.

This is not to question the goodwill of someone designing something to help us. He is still a "good bloke" in my humble opinion.

Nigel Craig

Hi Nigel,

Mmmm, I'm not happy with that... suspect its an odd one.

I had the bracket fitted to my 7 using Spa mirror all the way to France and back, and did a whole French track day with it fitted without any issues, and the mirrors were stable. I can only assume your left (passenger side) bracket was a manufacturing issue. Please could you send me some pictures of the broken bracket, and I will take it up with the manufacturer.

When I receive the next batch I will cut one in half to check build quality.

Re MOT, you only need a rear view centre mirror and a drivers side mirror *cool*

Many thanks,

Andy

I do hope it is just a one off. Happy to send it to you. Have no idea how to send photo. Have attached photo to email before, but have no idea of your email address. Suggest it may be better to send the actual broken bracket to you by snail mail (more my era), if you give me your address.

Thank you for the observation regarding MOT and mirrors. My past experience suggests that will only be interested in the exhaust noise, and will probably not even notice anything else. But it is a standard Roadsport 125, so expect it to pass.

Nigel Craig

Hi Greg,

It could be because you've sent me a blatmail but when I reply it has a private.mail@blatchat address not an actual address as other people's do.

Could you blatmail me your actual email address.

Thanks,

Andy

For those that have not received their brackets yet, I've spoken to the manufacturer and I should get the next batch 9th July. Sorry but this is due to me doing batches as I get orders rather than placing one big order.

Nigel,

I have shown him the broken bracket and he said it shouldn't have happened. He thinks it may have been due to a manufacturing fault. I will send you a replacement for that side from the next batch.

Many thanks,

Andy

Hi all,

Hope everyone who has their brackets have fitted them, and are finding them more useful than the standard mirrors.

I've had an enquiry for brackets from someone in Germany who has a RHD car, but obviously needs to use the passenger mirror as his 'main' mirror.

As i'm over 6ft tall I couldn't get a full view using the passenger mirror during my prototyping, and I wondered if we could have a consensus on how usefull the passenger mirror is to use from different people?

Please could you post how effective the passenger mirror is, and let us know how tall you are.

Many thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy

My experience of the passenger side is that it's reasonably useful with no doors; the stanchion/frame blocks perhaps a third of the mirror. With the doors on, however, we are in chocolate teapot territory! I'm 6'2", with lowered floor.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Andy

Pretty much the same as Rob says above, I have the curved glass on the passenger side and can just about see around the frame with doors off.

I'm also just over 6' 2" and have lowered floors and standard seats.

Regards

Mrp

Hi Boxer,

Yes you can have some. Please send me a blatmail with your details as page 5.

Hi Grant,

Sorry, I've not received from the manufacturer yet. I have chased but await to hear.

I will post on here as soon as I receive them.

Thanks,

Andy

Update:

I received a batch of brackets from the manufacturer yesterday so I hope to package up with instruction and post out Mon/Tues.

Thanks for your patience, getting things made in such small batches take a lot longer than I thought it would *cool*

Cheers,

Andy