Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Angelsey

The Laddie

A great weekend for me and the rain stayed away until we were packing up 😬

The only down side was being awarded the trowel for the first time ever on a Willoughby car ☹️ And I must say, it was the softest award of the trowel ever - I had 4 wheels off for no more than quarter of a second. The video in my defence is

The spins that Dad and I had at that same corner on Sunday were much better *smile*

Thanks to everyone for a great season. It's going to be a long 6 months until we start all over again.

Edited by - Matthew Willoughby on 7 Oct 2013 12:58:34

Right, this is all from memory so may be wrong:

Class 1 - Rob won both days so wins the class

Class 2 - I won both days taking the class and overall championship (plus that pesky trowel!!!!)

Class 3 - Jeff won both days pushed hard by Grahame

Class 4 - Jeremy had it all to himself

Class 5 - ☹️

Class 6 - All Joe's

I'm sure Chris will be along with the official reckoning shortly.

Congratulations on your class and championship win Matthew. A dominant performance all year. 😶‍🌫️

(Now, please, can you and Andrew b*gg*r off back to class 3 for next year, and leave us alone. My trophy cabinet is empty, my family have disowned me, and my car is still full of grass. Your work in class 2 is done. *tongue*)

Well for those of us lucky enough to have the time to enjoy a more leisurely pace of life Anglesy enjoyed another dry bright start to the day ( 3 in succession now I know global warming has arrived) Formula 3 single seaters were testing at the circuit which did not look that quick in comparison to the large engined single seat sprint cars

A great weekend, thanks to Simon for putting the year together, to Matthew for organising the Saturday night and to all the drivers for the weekends competition and banter

A shame the leisurely pace also applies to life behind the wheel

But there is always next year.............Can't wait

Grahame

Quoting Alan Bowler: 
Congratulations on your class and championship win Matthew. A dominant performance all year. 😶‍🌫️

(Now, please, can you and Andrew b*gg*r off back to class 3 for next year, and leave us alone. My trophy cabinet is empty, my family have disowned me, and my car is still full of grass. Your work in class 2 is done. *tongue*)

Alan I have a Curbs August 2012 trophy that is really yours, you could have it on loan for a while to fill your cabinet *tongue*

Well done Matthew on the class an championship *cool*

Unfortunately after a late night back and a full day at work, followed by a rehearsal i'd forgotton for a charity fund raiser i'm just getting round to posting the results up.

Also due consideration had to be given to the complaint from Mr Willoughby Snr, that Mr Willoughby Jnr is just toooo darn fast. 😬

Cheers Chris.

Point of order. Please remove last years Overall Champ from the Class 7 Title! 😬 He doesn't deserve it *tongue*

In all seriousness - to get the title you need to do the number of qualifying rounds. No one in Class 7 achieved this.

Class 1 - we need to check back but I do not recall a closer overall result for a Class Championship.

Prior to the last run on Saturday there must have been some very nervous drivers on the grid!

Class 1 and Anglesey always seem to make things exciting!

What happened on Sunday Steff!!!!! To much beer on Saturday night by the sounds of it *rolleyes*

ha ha, not at all Mr Rogers, I went quicker than last year in practice but still a second behind Rob. Just couldn't work out how to make that second up unfortunately, despite all the extra power I have *smile*.

A good battle on Saturday (and throughout the season) but unfortunately for me Rob was the quicker man so it was a well deserved win.

Still, Paul, Jeff and I definitely won the 'best accommodation for the weekend' award!

I'm off to practice my visualisation before next year.... *smile*