Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stirling Excel immobiliser not working?

Garth

Out today, stopped to chat to a friend, tried to re-start and immobiliser will not disarm - tried both fobs in various different positions in/out and about the aerial wrapped around the ignition barrel but no joy. Does this mean a new immobiliser unit as it is difficult to see how the aerial could go wrong?

Bumf which came with my 3.5 year old Sigma Roadsport says the immobiliser has a lifetime warranty?

Any ideas most welcome....

No blat to the Surrey monthly meet tomorrow ☹️

As Martin said, I had the same problem.

Mine was only 6 months out of the Caterham warranty.

I spoke to an auto electrician (recommended by jj48) and he informed me that they are known to be unreliable.

Sterling do a cheaper version with a contact on the dash which apparently almost never goes wrong, so I changed to this. It is a pain having to touch the contact before inserting the key, but I have got used to it.

I looked into trying to replace it myself, but the electrician did a very neat job and for insurance purposes it is important to get a certificate to show that it has been installed by a professional.

I didn't explore the warranty situation, as I'm sure it would have taken ages and I really needed to get the car going quickly.

Duncan

Edited by - DJ. on 6 Oct 2013 22:23:01

I know how these things work. Drop me a blatmail and I'll tell you how to disarm it or how to fit another in it's place.

First off though check the fuses and there may be two for this immobiliser, one for the perm live and one for the switched live.

Jason

Edited by - Jason Fletcher on 7 Oct 2013 01:54:10