Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tillet seat leather inserts - Now with link to Supplier Page 4

Ivaan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I sent the pattern to 5 companies, and they all gave prices similar to the usual sources. The diamond pattern quilting adds significantly to the cost.

One firm said they'd do a plain stitched version inc postage for £100. I took a punt and ordered a set for my car and they've just arrived today.

I'll do a fitting tomorrow and post up some pictues and my thoughts. I'll also give details of the company involved, and then leave it up to the individual whether they want to order a set or not. They'll all be at the same price.

More detail tomorrow.

Clive

Just uploaded the Tillet seat Insert photos onto my Profile Pictures below.

I haven't actually fixed them yet, just placed in the car, but the fit and quality looks fine.

I'll put up details on orders ect later when I'm home.

Remember to ask for the 6 point cut out.....guess who didn't *redface*

Quoting Cookie Monster: 
Click on Ivaans photo link in his signature

I don't seem to have a photo link or see a signature (including my own!). :-( I have also tried internet explorer and chrome to see if it was my browser!

Is there any option I have ticked which switches it off?!

Edited by - Gregs79 on 3 Dec 2013 18:54:06

Gregs79, you'll need to reset your profile.

Just click on the Profile button up at the top of the page. No need to change anything, but Submit and return to forum. Then refresh the page. You'll then see al the signatures and pictures in the posts.

Edited by - Ivaan on 3 Dec 2013 20:17:13

Quoting Ivaan: 
Gregs79, you'll need to reset your profile.

Just click on the Profile button up at the top of the page. No need to change anything, but Submit and return to forum. Then refresh the page. You'll then see al the signatures and pictures in the posts.

Edited by - Ivaan on 3 Dec 2013 20:17:13

Great, That worked. Thanks.

They look good. :-)

I'm still waiting for the velcro backing for the top ears, though I don't think this is anything major.

However, it also seems that they cannot make the centre hole cut out for the six point harness. This doesn't worry me unduely, as mines not fitted, but others may need it.

Should have it all resolved by the weekend.

Clive.

I've put some more photos up on my Profile pictures of the inserts.

As you can see there's no cut out for the six point belts. It's too complex for the manufacturer to make. They are also made of "water proof vinyl", so not leather.

Otherwise, they look okay and fit well. Obviously, I can't comment on their longevity.

They are available for purchase from here

They are quiet a lot cheaper than the other suppliers, but each buyer will have to make their own decision on the relative pros and cons.

Thanks,

Clive.

Edited by - Ivaan on 5 Dec 2013 21:01:36

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm interested too... my only comment from the piccies - they appear slighly thin at the "waist' i.e. width over the lower midpoints... might be a v good reason, but they appear narrower than other manufacturers... but significantly better value. Like Mark C, please give feedback! Thx Richard