Click here if you are having website access problems ×

small lights

Alan Bowler

According to this site it looks like a flat beam pattern is ok:-

MOT Manual

Quote from above:-

"A flat top or other alternative headlamp dipped beam pattern (not being one of the examples) is acceptable providing all of the beam upper edge, including any “peak” is contained within the appropriate tolerance band."

I've got them as well, no issues with MOT, I rewired them so they there is only one earth return for side, dip and main lamps. Mounting is a solid bolt.

I also made lowered mounting brackets, just a bit of steel tube with a bit of angle iron welded on the end. Headlight mounts through a hole in the horizontal, motorcycle indicator mounted on vertical face.

Having fitted the Venom lights earlier this year after a bit of deliberation, bit the bullet and went for it, fairly straight forward to fit but you definitely need the lowered brackets. Performance wise you stand out on the road with the daylight running lights and alot brighter at night once positioned correctly. Looks wise you either do or don't, sportier cars yes....traditional sevens no! Most people like them, mine is the car on seven speed.....it's your choice but I recommend them....