Click here if you are having website access problems ×

High Viz Brake Light

Piers Rendell

I have purchased a high viz brake light (LED) and and the Caterham cable harness adaptor (76149) to supply the LED.

I am about to fit everything. Where about does the Caterham cable harness connect into. I assume it is behind a brake light and is it under the wood floor ? I have not looked yet, but will do this evening.

Piers

R300KWK

I have some instructions somewhere but basically you attach the loom to the rear right light cable by reaching up from below to the inside of the right rear, seperate and attach and then feed the wire up through the fuel filler pipe gap. It's really easy. I'll see if I can find the instruction file on my computer at home unless someone else comes along beforehand.

On both sides of the car, between the outer skin and the petrol tank, you will find a connector from the loom to the rear lamp cluster. The new Caterham loom extension fits in-line with this connector.

I have mine fitted on the nearside; the cable then passes up through the boot floor and up the roll cage mount to the new stop lamp.

You can fit it from underneath the car, and it shouldn't be necessary to dismantle anything. Half hour job if you're lucky....

Mike

Just done mine. Take out the rubber grommet in the right hand wheelarch and pull the cables into the arch. Split the connector and insert the two connectors for the brake light harness. Push everything gently back and reinsert the grommet. I pulled any spare wiring into the boot and added a couple of cable ties where the wires were loose underneath.

Mine was really tight. Ended up removing the boot floor as I couldn't get my hand in from the bottom. You may be OK if you have hands the size of a six-year-old. On the positive side once you get at it the connector is a doddle to fit.

Hi, I fitted mine on the LHS as it wa easier to see the connector on this side. I managed it from lying on the floor and undoing the connector and inserting the adaptor from there.

Then I fed the wire up through the boot where there was a small gap between the boot floor and the side of the boot.

I did cut the supplied LED light spade end off to allow this, as i was fitting different spade terminals, so this made this easier.

I can see that taking the boot floor out would make it much easier though.