Click here if you are having website access problems ×

racecraft training

lotusdave

Interested to know dates too.

I did two days last year - a very worthwhile exercise by the way, for anyone thinking about it. Much better than any trackday! Valid practice for any event, not just Curborough.

Ran 61's in 2010 and then 58's last year after a couple of training days. Problem is, Apparently I need to be in the 57's now for class 4 *eek*

Stu

Edited by - Stuart Miller 7 on 5 Mar 2012 22:55:10

• 2 weeks later...

We need 10 to get it going.

I have not asked for dates yet. When we get enough interested then we'll look at dates. They will be mid week and should be a fair selection.

We need to remind people that this is not just a practice day where you take it in turns to run around Curborough. This is a corner by corner training day. Teaching lines at walking pace or braking tests. How to balance the car etc.

Hopefully others who have attended can reiterate the above.

Hi Simon, I would be interested in this again. I was a bit bull at the gate on the 1st one , but after sprinting the circuit last season it would be interesting to see if I have learnt anything. Before I attack it again in May.

OK

I have booked Friday 11th of May - The day before the Marshals sprint and our own on the Sunday.

I'll take the first 10. I will be contacting those who have already emailed me or posted on here.

I can provide a full explanation on the day to those who need it. Happy to take a call also.

07920 843146 email

• 5 weeks later...

I did ask for more information, as I need more than a post saying 'Who would like to do something' if you need me to make a decision.

1. What equipment will people need to take part in the training? i.e. Is it motorsport regulations of track day regulations?

2. What is the general format?

3. What time will it start and finish?

Edited by - keybaud on 26 Apr 2012 12:04:58

I am sure Simon will give you an indepth explanation, but just to give you an overview, I did this last April and had never been involved in any motorsport. I turned up with my car which was already equipped with FIA roll bar and a helmet.

The day involved walking the course pin pointing lines on each corner. We then drove each corner at a time practising the lines with feed back from Simon and Adrian what was right and wrong.

If you intend to drive or compete at Curborough in the future I highly recomend this day.

Hope this helps

Edited by - JEM on 26 Apr 2012 12:40:33