Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Zip on hood !

A_redstone

Yikes ! , I have treated my 7 to a nice new electric garage door , and also good for me if it starts raining whilst coming home so I can open the door remotely !

Anyway , had to leave the car outside last night and whilst doing so the zip on the hood around the back window came off its runner in side !

After much screaming and swearing I gave up trying to get it back on !

Anyone had the same issue ? What's the best advice ?

Thanks all in advance

Andy

Quoting Stationary M25 Traveller: 
Zips are very susceptible to damage when under load. Try in daylight with it loose.

Believe some people have ditched the window zip in favour of heavy duty Velcro.

I haven't used a full hood for over 4 years.

So with no full hood what do you use ?

Andy

Quoting Stationary M25 Traveller: 
A widow 😳 😬

I started with the original Sift Bits HH without the rear window panel or rear skirt. Did the job ok when driving.

Sold it a few years later and bought the Mark 3 version with the little rear window panel and zip on overnight skirt. Top bit of kit *thumbup*

Are there security issues then with just a HH on its own ? compared to a standard cc full hood ?

Quoting ozzy: 
You've got an open top car, with a half arsed sort of roof that's held on with poppers! What security *rolleyes*

Don't leave anything in it! Including the steering wheel.

Edited by - ozzy on 21 Feb 2012 22:49:14

Also - did you take the "pram" bars out of the rear when you used the HH ? saving weight and space ! ? !

Have you considered a shower cap? Seems like a good (temporary - while parked) solution for the circumstance you describe. Not sure if they are still available via the club, but have a look here and maybe contact Guy.

Edited by - St Eve on 21 Feb 2012 23:01:27

Quoting St Eve: 
Have you considered a shower cap? Seems like a good (temporary - while parked) solution for the circumstance you describe. Not sure if they are still available via the club, but have a look here and maybe contact Guy.

Edited by - St Eve on 21 Feb 2012 23:01:27

Thanks mate - put myself on the list and will keep looking at this HH thing , looks alot easier to put on than my full hood , I dont stay away in it often or leave it on its own , just that when I go to Le mans this year I may need to cover it up !

Quoting A_redstone: 
So in summation - are we saying the HH from SBFS is the best bet , looking at the website there are many options ! - do I need them too ?

Do I need a widow or easy in zip ? or strips or a number on it ?

What did you guys all buy ?

Cool ! What's the deal on the poppers ? Do the boot ones have to change ?